Used 2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C30 model:

I love my 1st Volvo
By JohnRae

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my car a little bit over a year now and still love it. Very fun to drive and has the power to overtake other cars if ever needed. The suspension is a bit stiff but handles very well. The styling is one of the main reasons I bought the car. Its unique, sporty, and classy all in one. A real eye catcher. Its nice to have a car that you don't see at every other stop light. My small list of gripes for this car is: 1. The passenger side seatbelt rattles a bit when driving. 2. At times would like to have more trunk room. But i just fold my rear seats down normally if i need more space. 3. Would be nice to have the trip computer come standard instead of having to pay extra for it.

The styling, engine, and available accessories. If you ever get bored w/ it, there are plenty of aftermarket vendors that make various of parts and accessories for the car.

Make the trip computer come standard instead of having it an option. Also offer an LSD transmission.

Enjoyable Swede Steed
By hotX3

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this on the Factory Delivery, plan and my wife was nervous about driving through Norway, so I got the pleasure. Lots of power and sharp handling, especially around the mountains. You can drive under all conditions for long periods without aches or fatigue. Mileage is decent at 25 overall with auto. Great visibility too. It drives at up to 80 mph with no perception of being pushed at all - the speed control wife didn't even know to tell me to slow down.

Heated seats! Like an in-car fireplace! Nice styling and visibility. Solid build.

Disappointed in seat color selection - too light. The light color drivers seat already has a mark on it from whatever the schoolteacher wife had in her pocket that day.

Great Car
By C30Owner1983

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning a Ford Focus and a Pontiac Vibe, this is by the best hatchback I have owned. I fell instantly in love with the unique design the moment I saw at an auto show. Anyone who loves attention will love this car, I couldn't count how many times people stop me to ask me about my car plus the looks, stares, and pointing. I've only had one issue so far. The shifter would bind up, but it was covered by warranty and its been smooth ever since. Acceleration is great, handling is superb, interior is simple and comfortable, MPG is nothing too spectacular but still good. Also, it handles decently in the snow, but in SE PA we never really get that much snow anyway.

The turbo, Tire Pressure Monitoring System (Volvo's is actually worth it), heated seats (once you have them you never go back), stability control, aux jack for iPod

Wish it had available AWD, easier entry to the back seats, suicide doors or for 4 doors, wish the gauges were more sporty.

Well built speed machine!
By Good Job Volvo

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 2.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for 8000 miles now. I wanted to get in some seat time and see how the car would responed to my new born daughter and her car seat before I write a review. Volvo has indeed out done itself. From the ordering process to the driving experience(minus the build time). I was hooked the second I jumped in and cranked the key. My wife and I were worried about our daughters car seat. We have a Graco rear facing seat with the quick release base. I have only two complaints about this. One, is that you have to move the seat forward in order for it to fit. Luckily for my wife she is small. The second is locking of the seat after I put the car seat in or out of the car

T5 engine, interior/exterior, build quility, dynaudio (best stock system to date), looks, can install trip computer after car is built, aux jack

Wipers leave water on the windshield going above 60MPH, Tires although really sticky they give off alot of road noise, Non-powered seats do not lock forward, so when you are on a hill they slide back. Bluetooth not standard! IPOD control expensive

Volvo has outdone itself
By volvosmith

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Volvo has outdone itself in the styling department. I get people coming up to me all the time asking what I am driving and how do I like it? I have nothing but praise for this car from a person who has owned three Volvos of old and a Mercedes before this wonderful example of Scandinavian design. The Version 1 comes standard with a lot of features so I really did not feel the need to add anything much extra. Driving this car is a blast with great power. Get the manual transmission. You won't be sorry. And the whirling sound of the inline 5 turbo is fantastic. The build quality is on par with the competitors and the structure is as stiff as the old Mercedes, maybe better.

I love everything about this car. It turns heads and brings you home safe. Nice to see Volvo has maintained it's standard for body rigidity, functionality and saftey while posibbly designing the best looking Volvo ever to exist on the face of the earth.

Nothing except maybe a little better insulation to keep out exterior road noise.