2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C30 model:
A Driver's Fun Vehicle
By greenweenie on 03/11/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 2.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle was acquired in Jan 08. The worst winter in recent times for Michigan soon made it painfully obvious that the high performance Pirelli Rosso tires are not proper for locales that receive any measureable amount of snow. These tires immediately become road slicks and the vehicle will go nowhere. On dry or wet pavement, they are outstanding. Potholes are deadly for any tire, but for these Pirellis, it is certain immediate bankruptcy!

Fun and Safety
By chefdude on 03/11/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Oh what fun it is to ride... knowing you're surrounded by all those safety features! Had the C30 for a month and love it. The seats are unbelievably comfy and the front legroom is spacious (if no one is in the back seat). If you have a dog check to see if he can get climb up the hatch because is quite high off the ground. Power and handling are super. Engine and transmission feel responsive yet flexible; can shift from 2nd straight to 6th gear on freeway, no problem. Clutch is easy to push, won't fatigue leg. Stock stereo is powerful and has aux input for any mp3 player. Cabin storage a little tight but helps with clutter. Altogether a nice car, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Great car for the price
By Scott on 03/09/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car mainly because no other car looks like it and it has the power when you need it. I test drove several other cars but this one just got me from the first drive. I am 38 years old with a wife and 2 kids. I did not want the boring family car or the SUV. The wife has the SUV so we take her truck when we go out or travel. I travel about 70-100 miles per day so I need a car with good gas mileage. I am getting over 25 miles on mixed driving which is good for a turbo car. Volvo wanted a car where the consumer can customize the car with the options you want.

Wheeeee! Fun and luxury.
By lola on 02/21/08 09:38 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I haven't had this much fun with a car since I traded in my '72 Volvo 144 for a 1982 Rabbit. Acceleration in 3rd gear pushes me back in the seat and I'm practically giggling when I have the excuse to lean on the gas to merge onto the highway. Once there, it's incredibly quiet, 6th gear keeps the revs down, and handling is reliable and predictable. I got the non-sports (1.0) model and the ride is very comfy. This car is great. It's got the original tires which aren't great in snow, but they're not bad either. Mileage depends on how you drive (duh). I can push it some and still get the 20 mpg the EPA promises. I've only had it for 1000 miles; I'm infatuated.

A niche, but if you fit, this is the car
By CarDude on 02/11/08 15:03 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 2.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted something fun, but not one of the Racer Boy cars. I have kids, but I'm more likely to be alone and take the wife's VW Passat with the family. This car just FIT. Excellent fuel economy, power when you want it, and space to take things. Can even tow or mount stuff on the roof if needed. Interior is very unique. Some buttons take some getting used to, but overall a really nice stylish design. I like the two rear seats as they didn't try to squeeze in 3. Access with manual seats is great. Comfort is good as long as you put the short people in back. Volvo seats just seem to fit really nice for the long haul. Even the carpet in the back doesn't seem to be a dog hair magnet.

Great Combo
By Young 40 on 02/01/08 03:01 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 2.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I spent many hours on the internet and many weeks preparing to buy this car. Our family has a minivan and needs an Accord but this car won me over big time. There are many practical reasons to get a Honda, but the C30 adds so much to my driving experience while maintaining a sense of class that it became a perfect fit. I am 40, but not ready to drive a 40 year old no matter how much "sense" it makes. The C30 has a simple but well built and easy to use interior. The exterior styling is very unique. The T5 mated to the MT is the way to go. Almost got the AT at wife's request but the MT was too fun to drive and brought the car to life even more. Chose the 2.0 for styling and audio reasons.

First Small Hatchback
By lgibsonjr on 01/05/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I read all the reviews and test drove several small hatchbacks before selecting the Volvo C30 (with only one option - automatic transmission). The C30 standard features met all my other requirements. Overall, it cost less than the Audi A3, has more comfort than the Volkswagon GTI, and enough power to compete with both. Personally I don't like to "feel the road" as much as some, and I enjoy the unique styling. The C30 is a nice blend of sportiness and comfort at a reasonable price. One added benefit is the fact you don't see many of them on the road (yet) so it stands out in the crowd.

Wow
By annabelle on 12/28/07 16:39 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I struggled between getting a Mini Cooper S and this car, and couldn't be happier with my choice. Add fun factor to smoother ride, a powerful motor, great sound system and easy to use. Suddenly, I love to drive! And let's not forget ergonomic seats (great on long drives) and good trunk space, especially with seats down - fit a massage table, luggage for two, gifts and a large reclining beach chair no problem!

C30 is great!
By kad on 12/13/07 21:58 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

wanted a safe car (after an accident), discovered C30. it was a great find! this car has some muscles! while inside, you feel like you are driving a large car, such solid build!

Very Enjoyable.
By Rob S. on 11/27/07 10:14 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 2.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

It gets a lot of looks! It gets up and goes as soon as you get around 3500 RPM. I'm use to cars with much larger engines however this car motors effortlessly without much engine noise. The controls are easy to manage and the upgraded sound system is great! A must have! The only one thing I dislike is that you feel every bump in the road. Otherwise great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.