2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C30 model:
Very nice and fun ride.
By chudilo on 11/17/09 11:19 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 2.0 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I leased this car when it just came out, because I needed a small car, that was well built (or at least felt like it was), that would be fun to drive, with a decent amount of cargo space. I also considered, Audi A3 and the Volkswagen Golf. This car had better feeling materials inside then the VW. It handles very well. Suspension is in my opinion a perfect balance between harshness and handling. It's also pretty quick when you need that extra push and not too bad on gas if you're taking it easy.

2008 C30 R-Design
By cadyjw on 09/16/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

I traded a Focus and Sky and got the best of both worlds- the functionality of the Focus and nearly the power of the Sky Turbo. I call it my "hybrid". The fit and finish is a real step up. Of all the small luxury vehicles the C30 is the best choice- more stylish and sportier than the A3 and much more roomy than the Mini. As far as the other small vehicles like the Civic, Corrola, etc. they cannot even start to compare.

Great Drive
By sweethome on 08/12/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

Terrific car. Went in to replace my 2001 Cross Country with the new model, wasn't crazy about the feel, and ended up testing the C-30. Can't believe I went from all that space to this 2-dr hatchback. What a good decision. With the back seats down, I can put my golf clubs, my wife's golf clubs and all the luggage we would ever need for a long trip. Comfort, ride, sound, all spectacular, and you gotta love the BLIS - no more neck craning to find that truck hidden in my blind spot. In my travels on the east and west coasts and the south, I have yet to see another C-30 on the road, so the uniqueness is a plus as well. People do stare.

Try the diesel
By Dejuan on 08/03/08 04:54 AM (PDT)

You Americans always make me laugh when mumbling and complaining about fuel economy and car prices. I have one of the first C30's diesel available (July 2007) 1.6 summum, 110 Hp, 0-100 (km) 10s, top speed 195km/h List price 30.000,- Euro, is like 45.000 US dollars. Diesel per liter euro 1,50, is like US dollar 2,25 The comfort and handling are great. For the US market I would suggest the 2.0 diesel (136 Hp) or the D5, (165- 180 Hp) Why not try diesel instead of petrol. In Europe a petrol car is almost a sin.

A breath of fresh air on the road
By boomerboy12 on 07/07/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

Picked up my C30 after my 2007 S40 was totaled by a drunk driver (luckily I wasn't). The cars styling is so unique and the T5 engine smooth as can be (much smoother and more responsive than the 2.4i in the S40). It's a shame that the fuel efficiency isn't as good as what one might hope, but it is still acceptable considering the performance and overall package. Another negative for some might be the small and rather high opening of the hatch. The C30 is more of a looker hatch than one you would want to haul stuff around in. Just keep that in mind and you won't be disappointed.

Hands down fantastic auto
By Yoquiero Unapatada on 06/20/08 22:13 PM (PDT)

The C30 handles beautifully. Fast. Super zippy! I live in Los Angeles, where quick acceleration is part of the traffic landscape. The design of the C30 is purely amazing! Also, many people are under the impression that this vehicle costs more than 40k. These things matter to a 40 yr old like me..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback in WA is:

$173 per month*