2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C30 model:
Fun all around
By bas3 on 01/10/11 10:56 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased my C30 in 2008 as a Dealer promotional model (traded in a 2004.5 S40). Now has around 70k miles and is holding up well. One issue- HVAC fan was replaced under warrenty before 15k miles. Excellent commuter vehicle with enough zip to manuvre in heavy (Chicago) traffic with confidence. Very comfortable long range cruiser (I take at least eight 8+ hour trips each year) even with three in the car. Plenty of leg room in back for 6 footers even on long trips, though taller passengers might end up feeling cramped after a few hours. Fuel economy is average (I get about 23/ 24 mpg in city and stop and go rush hour traffic, up to about 26/ 27 for long freeway cruising). FYI, auto tran.

Perfect
By mapin on 09/03/10 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive, unique and good looking. Seats are extremely comfortable. Tons of head room. Rear passengers always remark about the roominess and comfort. Rear hatch design is very functional, as is the cargo space. I can fit my road bike with one seat folded down, and room for a rear passenger to sit. No repairs yet, knock on wood as warranty is about to go.

3 years and counting!
By Jim in Quebec on 08/03/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned (13 over 42 years of driving). Purchased by C30 in May 2007 - still love getting into it every morning to drive to work. Excellent gas mileage on the highway with the T5 and 6-speed manual - less so in the city. Very comfortable for me (5'10") but my wife (5'4") doesn't find it all that comfortable. As she says, Volvo makes their cars for tall Vikings. Handles very well on ice and snow. Many compliments on its design from other drivers.

2 years later
By lgibsonjr on 04/03/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my C30 new in December 2007. Over two years later I still love this car. If it weren't for routine maintenance I wouldn't know how well the service department at my Volvo dealer operates. My C30 still delivers in the city and on the highway. I'm 49 years old, have had alot of cars, but this has to rate as my best yet.

Volvo c30
By steven on 12/03/09 19:29 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car to drive. Incredibly safe. Very good engine in it, it was fast, got good mileage, received many comments about the car. One of the best cars I have ever driven. This car can hold alot of things for a hatchback. The car drove like a sports car. This car is worth every penny. Recently crashed mine into a cement truck going over 40mph, walked out of the crash perfectly unharmed. Car held up in the crash. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Still Luvin' It
By C30Grant on 10/27/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have about 18,000 miles on my 2008 C30 and still love it. No significant problems. It's great to have a unique sporty car that's not seen everywhere, such as the Mini or VW GTI. There are a lot of aftermarket performance parts that owners are tricking-out their C30s with now. I'd suggest a used 2008 or 2009 with low miles on it. Same exact powerful engine for both years.

Stay AWAY from C30
By Stacy26 on 08/19/09 09:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has awful wind noise over 40 MPH. I have had the doors adjusted, seals replaced and the noise seems to get worse. I can only turn the radio up so loud. Before you buy check out a volv c30 users forum- it is the #1 problem. Volvo seems quiet on the subject, but it seems to be a design flaw. And I have had it aligned more times (at the dealership and not under warranty) than I think is necessary (3) and it still has a tremendous amount if road noise. It is fixed when I first get it back, but after 5,000 miles out it goes again.

Driving for Fun
By Kathy on 05/21/09 23:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my Volvo three months ago and find myself driving around town and listening to music, not going anywhere. I love the ride and the feel and the super good looks. So many people have commented on it! I get 26 mpg around town with an automatic. I am shorter than average and thought I needed to sit high to see well, but the C30 is positively panoramic. I feel great about my choice.

C30 11 months old now
By C30Dude on 05/10/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2008 C30 T5 with geartronic auto is still doing well. it has 14,000 miles on it. I love the performance. I get approx 22 mpg combined (mostly city & little highway) and 29 mpg highway on long trips. I still don't see many on the road in southern california, but that makes it even more cool!

DEFINATELY a great buy
By Kate on 04/24/09 14:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2005 Toyota Scion TC and said I would NEVER get anything but a toyota ever. WELL, I saw the C30, test drove it, fell in love and signed that day. It was one of those vehicles that you cant wait to get ahold of. Had a slight problem with the window gear but it was fixed right away. I feel safe and secure while driving and can "beat" most any car that even dares to try and race me :) It's small, unique, cute, fast and reliable. Every where I go, people ask what I'm driving and want a ride. I feel amazing knowing I haven't seen one of the C30's on the road since I first noticed them back in January!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.