Used 2008 Volvo C30 T5 Version 1.0 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C30 model:

Fun all around
By bas3

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased my C30 in 2008 as a Dealer promotional model (traded in a 2004.5 S40).
Now has around 70k miles and is holding up well.
One issue- HVAC fan was replaced under warrenty before 15k miles.
Excellent commuter vehicle with enough zip to manuvre in heavy (Chicago) traffic with confidence.
Very comfortable long range cruiser (I take at least eight 8+ hour trips each year) even with three in the car.
Plenty of leg room in back for 6 footers even on long trips, though taller passengers might end up feeling cramped after a few hours.
Fuel economy is average (I get about 23/ 24 mpg in city and stop and go rush hour traffic, up to about 26/ 27 for long freeway cruising).
FYI, auto tran.

Nothing stands out; everything works logically and controls are where expected. Exterior design is still unique (not many of them around) and hasn't grown old (I still like seeing my bright blue C30 after a good car wash). Easy to find in a parking lot...

Wheels seem delicate (I'm getting a thumping noise due to one rear wheel slightly dented (out of round)- tires are expensive due to required rating, so have to wait for next service appointment to replace both wheel and two tires (for matching). Alignment seems to get loose rather frequently too and some interior trim isn't seated very well- a few large gaps around the instrument cluster and one carpet fastener keeps popping out and has already been replaced twice.

Perfect
By mapin

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive, unique and good looking. Seats are extremely comfortable. Tons of head room. Rear passengers always remark about the roominess and comfort. Rear hatch design is very functional, as is the cargo space. I can fit my road bike with one seat folded down, and room for a rear passenger to sit. No repairs yet, knock on wood as warranty is about to go.

The exterior is gorgeous. The rear glass hatch is really attractive. Seats are very comfortable.

I would love an AWD option and 300hp.

3 years and counting!
By Jim in Quebec

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned (13 over 42 years of driving). Purchased by C30 in May 2007 - still love getting into it every morning to drive to work. Excellent gas mileage on the highway with the T5 and 6-speed manual - less so in the city. Very comfortable for me (5'10") but my wife (5'4") doesn't find it all that comfortable. As she says, Volvo makes their cars for tall Vikings. Handles very well on ice and snow. Many compliments on its design from other drivers.

Fun to drive. Good visibility. Great handling. My Volvo dealer is superb - had an ice-build-up in a wheel well one time, and dealer not only got the ice out, had the car washed and didn't charge me a dime.

More resistant seat material - marks easily. Back window gets dirty quickly due to air flow.

2 years later
By lgibsonjr

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my C30 new in December 2007. Over two years later I still love this car. If it weren't for routine maintenance I wouldn't know how well the service department at my Volvo dealer operates. My C30 still delivers in the city and on the highway. I'm 49 years old, have had alot of cars, but this has to rate as my best yet.

Driver seat is perfect for me - position and comfort! The C30 is just fun to drive!

Front seat belts are a bit too far back for my taste. Could be easier to reach and click.

Volvo c30
By steven

2008 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car to drive. Incredibly safe. Very good engine in it, it was fast, got good mileage, received many comments about the car. One of the best cars I have ever driven. This car can hold alot of things for a hatchback. The car drove like a sports car. This car is worth every penny. Recently crashed mine into a cement truck going over 40mph, walked out of the crash perfectly unharmed. Car held up in the crash. I would recommend this car to anyone.

great engine, excellent, safety , excellent interior , very well built car

I would only recommend that volvo includes leather seats or the moon roof, and makes some of the options cheaper.