1997 Volvo 960 2.9L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Poor reliability & expensive to

1997 Volvo 960 - Consumer Review

1997 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan

Base Sedan (2.9L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Poor reliability & expensive to maintain
By jll on

1997 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan

I gave up on trying to fix all the problems with this car and finally traded it in. The reliability is horrible, everything and anything broke. Sunroof stopped working, A/C broke on multiple occassions, keyless entry broke multiple times (too expensive to repair, I didn't bother to fix the last time), power steering fluid leaking, had to replace brake pads frequently. Random things would break off as well - cup holders, the door hinge for the gas cap, random pieces of plastic and rubber would fall on my head, the leather on the door panel is bubbling. It only had 62k miles on it, so I didn't drive it excessively either. I will never buy another Volvo!

Favorite Features

seats are comfortable, spacious interior, great turning radius, large trunk, feels very safe to drive

Suggested Improvements

cup holders are horrible, gas mileage has increasingly gotten worse, heated front seats buttons are easily turned on by accident, needs better reliability by far!!