Safe Luxo wagon
By David B on
1997 Volvo 960 4dr Wagon
We purchased our 960 wagon because my uncle got 375k miles out of his 93 960 wagon, so I figured there must be something to be said about the build quality and the reputation of Volvo. This car is a comfort on long drives and handles surprisingly well for a wagon. The big soft leather heated seats are wonderful and welcoming on cold days. This car is very classy and understated. We have not had any serious repairs other than routine service. Remember as with any European luxury car, you have to pay to play. If you want a car that you can feel really good about driving your family around in and not worry about who will steal or scratch it this is the car.
Favorite Features
I love the smoothness of the engine, the extremely comfortable leather seats, and the very heavy ride. You feel like very safe. Turning radius is the best I have ever experienced. Note: Drive a 960 first, then drive any newer Volvo and you will see what Volvo was before company ownership changed.
Suggested Improvements
The cup holders were designed as an after thought or by those who are never thirsty. The climate control seems to need much better improvement. Nothing is ever perfect but I can live with these short comings. None of the newer Volvos can even come close.