1997 Volvo 960 Consumer Review: A well kept secret.

1997 Volvo 960 - Consumer Review

A well kept secret.
By captainjames on

1997 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan

This is my second Volvo. I originally leased a new 1997 960 in the fall of 96. After the lease was up I let it go back to the dealer. Since then I leased a Mercedes and bought a Porsche. I missed my Volvo so much that I went out last year and bought the identical car again - a 97 960 Sedan. It is the most solidly built car I have ever owned and that includes many luxury cars. The Volvo is just so sturdy - check out the glove box for example. Every new car seems to have a flimsy little box and cover, while the Volvo's is build like a brick outhouse. The whole car is like that. (except for the cup holders)

Favorite Features

Seats comfortable enough to haul my 40+ year old body on a 1400 mile trip, stopping only for fuel. A turning circle unmatched my any other car I know. I can pull a u-turn on my dead- end street while my neighbor's Miata is making a k-turn. Huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are ridiculous. Boxy shape results in wind noise at speed. Switches for seat heaters in poor location and can get accidentally activated.