before Ford
By lalollie on
1996 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan
I bought this car from a private party when it was 2 years old. It has been a wonderful car to own and drive with the following exceptions: 1) the painted bumpers mar easily, and it's ugly to see the paint scratched off portions 2) the cup holders are a joke; I've replaced them, and they broke again very quickly 3) the a/c doesn't turn off.....in fact there should be climate control installed; but the heater is excellant (guess they use it in sweden more than the a/c?) 4) the leather seats crack, even with my continual maintenance...so suspect quality as being not so good.
Favorite Features
The turn radius is amazing! Performance, comfort and safety are excellant however, and I find it easy to drive, turn, park, etc for both local and long distance driving.
Suggested Improvements
Would like to see more hp....from 180 to 250 would be nice; turbo even nicer I average spending about $1500 a year for maintenance (not including oil changes and gas) Need the freeon changed every other year as it leaks out. Has Ford improved these problem areas?