1996 Volvo 960 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.9L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )
Enjoy this car
By Michaell on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Volvo 960 Wagon 4dr Wagon

The joint venture with Asia has created a smooth and strong engine which doesn't blink when tested. The sound system, interior, and finishings leave very little to question.

I like this car. (so far)
By mtrelax on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Volvo 960 Wagon 4dr Wagon

other then normal engine parts being replaced due to mileage I am quite happy with this car. I do not take it to a dealer. I found a great Volvo-only repair shop that treats its customer great at a fair price.

never again
By velobaby on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Volvo 960 Wagon 4dr Wagon

We thought this would be an excellent, reliable family car, but it has been a piece of junk. We've spent no less than $1000 on maintenance. The AC has gone out, the headlights have died; the radio is terrible; the brakes have gone out; the ENGINE BLOCK cracked!! I wish I'd never even conisidered a Volvo and I certainly never will again.

Would Not Buy Again
By chirodoc on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Volvo 960 Wagon 4dr Wagon

I had a lot of problems with my '96 960. First there was the front end, then the air conditioner went out, twice! There were a number of problems that one would not expect from a one year old luxury car. Check the Consumer Reports Relibility and you will see what I mean. I just bought a Lexus ES 300 instead. Back to Japanese cars.

Our Volvo 960 wagon has been a delight.
By Oklahoma Volvo on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Volvo 960 Wagon 4dr Wagon

This car was purchased from an individual in Texas and shipped directly to our home. A Volvo dealer did the pre-purchase inspection for us. This car has been extremely reliable, gets pretty good gas mileage (about 19), and handles great. My husband loves that it will turn on a dime. We have really enjoyed the winter package features and the transmission setting for winter driving is helpful in ice and snow. We have taken two trips cross-country so far, and the perfomance of the car is the same no matter the terrain, weather, or distance. The booster seat is a nice touch for smaller passengers and there is plenty room to fit carseats comfortably.