Upscale Wagon
By DIC_CAMARILLO on
1995 Volvo 960 4dr Wagon
We purchased our 960 Wagon used in early 2003 with only 40K mile. I've owned 5 Volvos prior to this and we've been very pleased with them (with the exception of the 1979 265 Wagon - PRV V-6 engine isn't very good). Our 960 is the most powerful Volvo we've owned and the most luxurious. It still feels utilitarian, but you get lots of nice amenities - Leather, moonroof, 6 disc changer, chrome wheels, power seats, etc. Why do you buy a Volvo? Of course, the safest car on the road and the 960 gives you the feeling of safety. This car feels safer than the 240's we've owned. I like the improvements over our 760 turbo. I don't like the extra repairs this car has had.
Favorite Features
You feel so safe in this car. I like the visibility (low window sills). Great features. You can drive all day and still feel refreshed. The body has a timeless design that looks good even after 13 years. Rear wheel drive is nice - new Volvos are front wheel drive.
Suggested Improvements
We've had a few too many repairs on our Volvo. We have 98K miles on the car now. Parts replaced: radiator shift position assy, driver side door hinge assy, rear shocks - Nivomat, O2 Sensor, knock sensor and power dr seat plastic. Gas mileage is so-so. Dark brake dust all over the wheels.