Used 1995 Volvo 960 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 960 model:

Wonderful Car
By Pattywhiskers

1995 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan

I have a love affair with this car. It's beautiful with a restrained luxury and it is very reliable. I had it moved from Los Angeles to Maryland, and it has never missed a beat, even in the coldest and snowiest weather. It has only required regular maintenance. It is my third Volvo, however, probably my last. I think it lost ground when Ford acquired it. Also, I don't like the look of the S90.

I like the solid feel.

Terribly flimsy cup holder.

Volvo - Never Again
By texas_forrest

1995 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan

Cannot explain how poor this car has been. 8 years of ownership = $9000+ in repairs (excluding maintenance)=> Power Steering Pump, Tensioner Pulleys, Radiator (twice!), Catalytic Converter, Fuel Rail, Idle Control Valve, Electronic Sensors, Oil Seals, Insulation off of Wiring - things that should not fail!

The few days that is ran correctly - it was a great car

Volvo built an incredibly bad car in 1995 - my experience is typical

family fun
By gandyexpress

1995 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan

overall experience with this volvo is great. we own two other older models and the improvements on this one are fantastic

ac does not blow very hard,can get uncomfortable in southern states

First and Last Volvo
By sketchie

1995 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan

Like the old volvo style and have really enjoyed the handling and comfort but it has been a maintenance nightmare. Electrical problems with many features such as transmission settings, shiftlock, seat adjustments, etc. Two A/C compressors and two rear crank seal failures. Have heard good things about other Volvo models but this isn't one I would recommend.

Best car I've owned...hands down
By J.T

1995 Volvo 960 4dr Sedan

I've owned a BMW and a lexus...my volvo leave them in the dust. Put 11K on it without a single problem outside the regular maintaince. The inline six is smooth and very powerful for a 9 year old car. Handling is great. Awesome sound system. Classic Volvo style inside out. The only thing that bugged me was the cup holder (very flemsy but useful with a steady hand). Moving out of state is forcing me to sell, my heart will break to see it go. This car left such a impreesion on me that I'm now a loyal Volvo enthusiast and will buy another in a heartbeat. If you find either a used 960 or S90, BUY IT!!!

Power, handling, sound system, legendary Volvo safety, very luxurious, the hidden storage compartment in the rear arm rest (my favorite).

The cup holders (but I can easily overlook that) other than that this car is a perfect 10.