Used 1995 Volvo 960 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Volvo 960 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.9L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )

Hans....
By IguanaWN

1995 Volvo 960 Sedan 4dr Sedan

That's my cars name. I bought him from a neighbor after the car sat for 1.5 years. It had two Major oil leaks and a Major league corroded battery disaster. After spending $600 and sweat, he was serviceable. Not bad. Since then I've replaced the front control arm bushings. Still needs ball- joints on the same arm. Speakers crackle, tensioner pulley. I'm still way ahead. Not a bad idea to know how to work on them if you own one. Solid car. It weighs 5k lbs, its a tank but doesn't feel it. No body rattle, doors and all Windows incl sunroof operate, a/c works. I enjoy Hans.

surprisingly powerful 6 cyl. amazing turn radius.

cupholders that work in American.

Great Car
By NuVolvoLuvr

1995 Volvo 960 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is one awesome car. I've only had it three weeks, but I love it. It drives like a Cadillac, smooth and sleek, fun to get in and drive. It's like the camaro for older adults. Plush and loaded, even at 14 years old, this car is one sweet ride. My suggestion, buy one from someone that has done maintenance to it, so you're good for a while, no problems here, I'm now sold on volvo for life...

Leather seats, smooth ride,lots of leg room for tall people on a long drive, love the heaviness of the body,plenty of bells and whistles

lack of headroom for taller people, cup holders are horribly cheap

It's a brick
By scubasteve

1995 Volvo 960 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is an amazing car considering what I put it through. It has been stuck in the mud twice! Pulled out washed up good as new. I regularly test the straight six on the highway and it always responds well. Its rpm's rev up and then it goes a lot like a turbo but it's not. I also recently drove my Volvo which has 128,000 miles on it from Micihgan to Panama City, Florida non-stop both ways (almost 24 hrs one way) and it is still running like a champ. It got 26 mpg on the highway but city is much worse the rear wheel drive is awesome but living in Michigan I get stuck in snow and mud all the time. 4 wheel drive would be cool but rear is nice in the summer months

Straight six, handling, comfy seats, moonroof, looks like a tank, great trunk fits all my hockey stuff, sticks and all.

Better cup holders, better city mpg, larger back seat,

Wife's favorite
By ALFONSO

1995 Volvo 960 Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this care used, 10 yr old. We never had a problem with it. Even for being 10 yrs old. In the snow we used winter mode on the trans and every other time economy mode. Decent power great turning radius. And great interior with all the extras. Did minor repairs like brakes and sun visor. The air was running on last leg, quoted 2500 to fix. If tranny went out quoted 3500 to fix. Luckily for me I did not have any problems. Highly complex electrical system. My mpg was around 14 for city and highway 21 the most gas used in sports mode.

Heated seats and wood grain. The sunroof was cool. And the exterior gold trim. Big deep trunk with a little hole in the back to fit some lumber.

More after market parts would have been nice. All improvements were made in later models.

Once a Volvo owner, ALWAYS an owner
By Ryan Tucholski

1995 Volvo 960 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my third Volvo, but my first sedan. Purchased at auction for $1800 to drive me from Toledo to Detroit everyday for work. Reliable, comfortable, fast and solid! Typical Volvo issues such as lousy cup holders and horrible air conditioning fan speeds. Overall, the 960 is a wonderful car! I have 113k miles on this auto, and put almost 30k a year on cars, so I know this will last me a while!

So luxurious! This car is solid! Car also turns on a dime!

Cupholders of course, and the 1995 960 has little head room for us tall guys!