1994 Volvo 960 Consumer Review: My most dependable Volvo

1994 Volvo 960 - Consumer Review

Level II Wagon (2.9L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My most dependable Volvo
By sparklefern on

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Wagon

A great long distance driver! The 960 is WAY more reliable than our XC which we are about to ditch. We got the 960 in good shape from neighbors in '99 w/only 38K miles on it. During our ownership, we replaced the catalytic converter and now the a/c evaporator and bellows, which will cost us plenty, but it's the most reliable car we have ever owned and we want to keep it going. The rest is typical stuff - oil, filter, brakes, belts, etc. Rear wheel drive is not great in snow, but just get some dedicated snow tires and take it easy and you're fine. Turning radius incredible. Seats truly comfortable.

Compared to our '99 XC? Reliability, super comfortable memory seats, better sound system, plenty of leg and head room. Compared to most cars? Simple straightforward driving with LOTS of effortless power. Great on long drives, huge c.f. storage for a wagon. Easily read dials and buttons.

Front wheel drive. Temp. gauge gave out 50 miles ago and costs $500+ to replace! I won't fix it for that kind of money, but I miss it. A built in CD player rather than just an excellent radio and tape player would've been nice.