Used 1994 Volvo 960 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 960 model:

It's a tank / workhorse
By Volvo Guy

1994 Volvo 960 Sedan Level II 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 960 (160k miles)for the last 2 years. this car is very reliable and offers a lot of options for a 94 Volvo (leather, power everything, sunroof, CD, spoiler). I drive across Texas on a regular basis and it's had no major mechanical problems. Please do maintain on a regular basis and get tune ups every 25k miles and this car will not hesitate once.

Power seat motors have always been known to go out in these older Volvo's.

super cruiser
By naomi kean

1994 Volvo 960 Sedan Level II 4dr Sedan

this is my wife's primary car, and it has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. comfortable front seats, smooth power and safe precise handling. our fourth volvo, and still the best. too bad these rwd sedans aren't made anymore.

wonderful supportive seats, smooth power delivery

Another good Volvo
By jacknstuff

1994 Volvo 960 Sedan Level II 4dr Sedan

I have owned numerous Volvos, and this is the 3rd I have had my son in since he was 16. Unfortunate circumstances required me to replace the other 2 earlier than normal. Both times serious injury or death avoided. He is in college, has put about 15k miles on it with absolutely no problems. Have been offered $5500 for it w/139k, but son is happy w/it, so for now, just another oil change, r/b/a, and keep driving safely!

Safety, Safety, Safety!!!

speaker covers on doors were poor design, otherwise great car!

Couldn't be better...
By Mill Pond Plantation

1994 Volvo 960 Sedan Level II 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. It is grey with black leather. This car I have kept with me for all these years, because it has been a great car. I drive it daily and it starts every time. I often am kidded about owning one because many of my friends have SUV's and think that it is silly. But when they ride in it they are quite suprized. Many times I have raced this car against Mustang GT's, Camaro's, and BMW's, and I have always won. The 3.0 inline 6 realy cranks out the power. Around 210 horsepower. My one complaint is that you have to use high octane gas and the gas milage is still poor.

The Heated Seats, Automatic Climate Control, The Power and handling. The odd looks I still get from sports car drivers when I beat them.

There really should be an in-dash CD player I really do not like getting out and going to the trunk and changing the CD's in and out of the 6-disc.

960 A balance of luxury and sportiness
By Toog

1994 Volvo 960 Sedan Level II 4dr Sedan

Review: This car seems to be so at ease wherever you take it. It doesn't "explode" with a burst of acceleration at any point, it just effortlessly glides to whatever speed you require. I also think it is as fast from 80-100 as it is from 40-60.....its performance is amazingly balanced. It exudes smooth and graceful. This is the third Volvo and twenty somethingth car I have owned and this one is the most comfortable and roadworthy. It blends luxury and sportiness....truly!

It has a tighter turning circle than MOST sports cars and you can park this baby with ease. When you get into it after a tough day at the office, it says "cmon' get in, let ME drive YOU home". If you are tired, no problem, it drives itself.

It had to have its power seat repaired recently. This took 8 appointments, 2 repair shops, myself, and $450 dollars to make it happen. As much as I loathe and despise dealerships and their "slick willie" uh, mechanics, bite the bullet and take it there.