1994 Volvo 960 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 960 model:
It's a tank / workhorse
By Volvo Guy on 07/31/08 22:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 960 (160k miles)for the last 2 years. this car is very reliable and offers a lot of options for a 94 Volvo (leather, power everything, sunroof, CD, spoiler). I drive across Texas on a regular basis and it's had no major mechanical problems. Please do maintain on a regular basis and get tune ups every 25k miles and this car will not hesitate once.

super cruiser
By naomi kean on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

this is my wife's primary car, and it has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. comfortable front seats, smooth power and safe precise handling. our fourth volvo, and still the best. too bad these rwd sedans aren't made anymore.

Another good Volvo
By jacknstuff on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

I have owned numerous Volvos, and this is the 3rd I have had my son in since he was 16. Unfortunate circumstances required me to replace the other 2 earlier than normal. Both times serious injury or death avoided. He is in college, has put about 15k miles on it with absolutely no problems. Have been offered $5500 for it w/139k, but son is happy w/it, so for now, just another oil change, r/b/a, and keep driving safely!

Couldn't be better...
By Mill Pond Plantation on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. It is grey with black leather. This car I have kept with me for all these years, because it has been a great car. I drive it daily and it starts every time. I often am kidded about owning one because many of my friends have SUV's and think that it is silly. But when they ride in it they are quite suprized. Many times I have raced this car against Mustang GT's, Camaro's, and BMW's, and I have always won. The 3.0 inline 6 realy cranks out the power. Around 210 horsepower. My one complaint is that you have to use high octane gas and the gas milage is still poor.

960 A balance of luxury and sportiness
By Toog on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

Review: This car seems to be so at ease wherever you take it. It doesn't "explode" with a burst of acceleration at any point, it just effortlessly glides to whatever speed you require. I also think it is as fast from 80-100 as it is from 40-60.....its performance is amazingly balanced. It exudes smooth and graceful. This is the third Volvo and twenty somethingth car I have owned and this one is the most comfortable and roadworthy. It blends luxury and sportiness....truly!

Great Car
By hyperpino1 on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

Excellent car for those who want safety, luxury, and performance. Has a lot of standard features already included in the car. I highly recommend this car for the person who wants a good buy.

'94 960 - Rock Solid.
By MarkJ on 03/06/02 16:54 PM (PST)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

So far i cannot fault the Volvo 960. It really is an excellent vehicle. it may not be the most modern looking of vehicles, but it is certainly one of the most understated elegant cars ever built. A smooth safe ride. i heartily recommend it.