1994 Volvo 960 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 960 model:
It's a tank / workhorse
By Volvo Guy on 07/31/08 22:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 960 (160k miles)for the last 2 years. this car is very reliable and offers a lot of options for a 94 Volvo (leather, power everything, sunroof, CD, spoiler). I drive across Texas on a regular basis and it's had no major mechanical problems. Please do maintain on a regular basis and get tune ups every 25k miles and this car will not hesitate once.

My most dependable Volvo
By sparklefern on 05/30/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Wagon

A great long distance driver! The 960 is WAY more reliable than our XC which we are about to ditch. We got the 960 in good shape from neighbors in '99 w/only 38K miles on it. During our ownership, we replaced the catalytic converter and now the a/c evaporator and bellows, which will cost us plenty, but it's the most reliable car we have ever owned and we want to keep it going. The rest is typical stuff - oil, filter, brakes, belts, etc. Rear wheel drive is not great in snow, but just get some dedicated snow tires and take it easy and you're fine. Turning radius incredible. Seats truly comfortable.

94 960 Volvo
By Patricia on 03/19/06 14:12 PM (PST)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Wagon

It has been a great car although I need to replace the AC at this time. As for design flaws, it does not have a drink holder and also the CD Changer in the trunk is not convenient. Other than that we have loved this car.

satisfied owner
By Harold on 12/30/05 15:25 PM (PST)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Wagon

I bought car from Volvo dealer at 3 yrs old and 34,000 miles, now have 71,000 I like driving this car I think more than any car I have owned, it is easy to drive, feels secure, always reliable, excellent visibilty, turns in small radius, still looks good, I averaged 27 mpg on recent 1200 mile road trip. Major work in last 4 yrs, timing belt 400.00, four wheel brake job $500.00 and just recently catylic converter and oxagen sensor, $950.00, labor rates here are 80-90 dollars/hour still repairs not too bad in 8yrs.

super cruiser
By naomi kean on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

this is my wife's primary car, and it has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. comfortable front seats, smooth power and safe precise handling. our fourth volvo, and still the best. too bad these rwd sedans aren't made anymore.

Another good Volvo
By jacknstuff on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

I have owned numerous Volvos, and this is the 3rd I have had my son in since he was 16. Unfortunate circumstances required me to replace the other 2 earlier than normal. Both times serious injury or death avoided. He is in college, has put about 15k miles on it with absolutely no problems. Have been offered $5500 for it w/139k, but son is happy w/it, so for now, just another oil change, r/b/a, and keep driving safely!

Couldn't be better...
By Mill Pond Plantation on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. It is grey with black leather. This car I have kept with me for all these years, because it has been a great car. I drive it daily and it starts every time. I often am kidded about owning one because many of my friends have SUV's and think that it is silly. But when they ride in it they are quite suprized. Many times I have raced this car against Mustang GT's, Camaro's, and BMW's, and I have always won. The 3.0 inline 6 realy cranks out the power. Around 210 horsepower. My one complaint is that you have to use high octane gas and the gas milage is still poor.

960 A balance of luxury and sportiness
By Toog on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Sedan

Review: This car seems to be so at ease wherever you take it. It doesn't "explode" with a burst of acceleration at any point, it just effortlessly glides to whatever speed you require. I also think it is as fast from 80-100 as it is from 40-60.....its performance is amazingly balanced. It exudes smooth and graceful. This is the third Volvo and twenty somethingth car I have owned and this one is the most comfortable and roadworthy. It blends luxury and sportiness....truly!

My Great Volvo Wagon
By hfg girl on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Wagon

I love my Volvo Wagon. It has the comfort and reliability and safety that I want in my kid hauler. It is fun to drive and I know I am in a really safe car. This car has a mighty motor with lots of pick up...handles extremely well. I have been the sole owner and all my maintenance has been done by the dealership. I have had to replace the ball joints, brakes, tires - things that normally wear out. Since I live in a snowy climate, I use 4 Nokia snow tires and the winter driving mode to get up hills etc. My gas milage is about 19 - 20 mpg, but the car runs well on reg. unleaded gas.

Great Car
By tjts1 on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 960 Level II 4dr Wagon

I've been very happy with my 960. This car has been very reliable. For 9 years old it is in very good shape. Maintenance is extremely impotent and can be expensive if you use a dealer. You really have to take a proactive approach and not wait till something goes wrong. I do all my own maintenance that keeps my running costs low. Things like timing belt and fluids are critical. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.