Evolution?
By wmict on
1992 Volvo 960 4dr Wagon
You would think that after building this car for soo many years that Volvo would have paid more attention to the details. The same switches that failed on my 86 740 wagon failed again on my 92 960 wagon. The electrical demons under the hood came back ten fold on this model and I had to endure poorer performance from a six cylinder engine than I had from my old four banger. Doesn't Volvo have any engineers left that look at these long term problems and actually address some of them?
Favorite Features
After looking at the minivan offerings I still bought a Volvo wagon. You can't beat the space and the improved ride and handling over what the minivans offer. The third seat is great for the kids (only kids) and the safety record of the car goes without saying.
Suggested Improvements
Hey Volvo, fire the company that makes your switches and find someone that can make a window go up and down. I also don't understand the overpricing of replacement parts when I know for a fact that BMW uses some of the same driveline parts and is 30% less than what you're asking.