Well tested engine and transmission.
By Frank Frieberg on
1995 Volvo 940 4dr Sedan
1995 940. I bought it 7 years ago with 90,000 miles on it and now it has 207,000. Two years ago I was looking to replace it with a reliable used car with ABS, front air bags, cheap insurance and some sort of side impact protection. I could not find anything affordable so I spent 4 grand and had everything done to my current volvo. The engine runs like new, the transmission is starting to feel rougher than it did at 90k but should be good for another 50k at least. The best thing is...this is the same engine as latter year 240s, replacement engines are cheap, parts are on the internet, Swedishbricks website can tell you how to fix anything on your car.
Favorite Features
Everything is easy to fix or work on. Great expertise on the net to draw from. Wonderful seats, cheap parts, okay gas mileage,feel safe letting my kids drive it knowing I did everything to make them safe.
Suggested Improvements
Make my wife stop calling them nerd mobiles and start a massive re- education program for people whom tell me, "even Michael Jordan wouldn't look cool driving a station wagon."