1995 Volvo 940 Consumer Review: My new old Volvo

1995 Volvo 940 - Consumer Review

1995 Volvo 940

Base Wagon (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My new old Volvo
By catsofmany on

1995 Volvo 940 4dr Wagon

My husband and I just bought a 1995 940 Volvo wagon with 247,000 miles on it. My car for the last 12 years and 174,000 miles has been a 2000 WS6 Trans Am. We bought it new and basically I drove it year round but avoided snow storms. Sadly a broken bolt on the exhaust manifold has taken the car off the road. So we searched for cheap used cars to get us by until we can fix the TA. I had read the reviews about the Volvo and we found one for
$740.00. It just needed a driver front tie rod end but luckily it had been taken care of and all the brakes were new. Mind you, going from a Trans Am with incredible power even at the high mileage, incredible handling and the heaviness of the car…I was worried I would be miserable in anything else.

This little wagon handles wonderfully…great on gas…beautiful cloth seats…power windows, dr. locks…that all work. A heater so hot you could fry eggs on the dash…A/C needs to be recharged…Not as powerful by any means as my TA but goes right along and doesn’t fail at a hill. Very pleased with our old Volvo and even when my TA gets fixed, we’re going to keep it. Rated a 3 on reliability because we haven't had it very long.

Cup holders would be nice.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review