1994 Volvo 940 2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Saved my friend in an

1994 Volvo 940 - Consumer Review

1994 Volvo 940 4dr Wagon

Saved my friend in an accident
By Scott on

1994 Volvo 940 4dr Wagon

I wrote back in March of 2005 that I hoped to keep my "new" 1994 940 wagon until it had at least 300k miles. Unfortunately, that was not to be. A couple of weeks ago, a giant Chevy Suburban SUV plowed into the right front passenger door of my 940. My friend who was driving my 940 simply opened the driver's door and walked away, with his only injuries being some cuts and bruises on his face caused by the airbag. In fact, despite the sheet metal being pushed in about two feet at the point of impact, all of the doors except for the one that was hit stayed closed and could be operated normally. The windshield wipers didn't even stop working! I quickly replaced it with another 1994 940 wagon.

Favorite Features

Safety, safety, safety. The 1994 940 doesn't even have all of Volvo's latest safety features like side airbags, yet I think that even a right-front passenger would have survived this accident, although possibly with some leg injuries.

Suggested Improvements

Kind of pointless suggesting improvements to a car that's been out of production for over ten years, isn't it?