Slow, but comfortable
By bauch on
1993 Volvo 940 S 4dr Wagon
My mom bought this car back in 1997 and now its getting passed onto me as I am getting my license. It has around 135,000 so it has been driven quite a bit. The car has had several problems mostly involving the cooling system. It's gone through 3 water pumps and 2 radiators. A LOT of the car is plastic and that plastic is becoming brittle and breaking. AC doesn't work anymore. It is a tank in terms of safety though, although I don't feel safe in the event of a side impact as there are no side air bags. Overall, its a slow, mostly reliable car. I plan on moving on from the car as soon as possible as I just don't trust it. I really don't know why, but I don't.
Favorite Features
The engine, while EXTREMELY slow, it is fairly reliable. Sun roof is nice, but jams fairly easy. It does handle good. Stock stereo isn't bad either for being 13 years old.
Suggested Improvements
Performance. This thing is slow. 0 to 60 in well it'll get there, eventually. Build quality could be better. Too many parts of the car are plastic, and is now brittle. Hood epoxy supports are broken (and its a newish hood!) for some reason. Interior noise is bad. Lots of squeaks.