1993 Volvo 940 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 940 model:
940 Turbo - The Pinnacle of Volvo Engineering
By ainlay on 05/15/14 09:47 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

I have owned every model of volvo up and down the line. My favorite being the classic 240 model but when I drove the 940, that was all over. I am now a 940t guy. It has the same extremely reliable 4 cyl engine that came in the 240 & 740. Very easy to work on and parts are cheap. The suspension was greatly improved over the 240 and so was the interior. With 375,000 miles on my 940turbo it drives as it did with 25,000 miles on the odometer. Have not had to do nothing but routine maintenance. This car has the get up & go for when you need it and is really fun to drive. I will be hanging on to mine along with my 244 and 245 for as long as I can. Nothing else has caught my eye.

Best ever
By Volvo 940T turbo sed on 08/29/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car has never been outside overnight in winter or summer the exterior is in excellent condition, when you need to pass hit the gas and it goes like a racing car wow! We love it. Faults: husband is tall and we are older and have difficulty getting in and out as it is low to the ground as it does not have a tilt steering wheel either; the ac does not do the job at all, checked by Volvo dealer and still does not work; to move seat on passenger side takes great effort. It has the best CD, music system which can be adjusted to your liking. Have looked at new cars, nothing compares we are keeping it, by the way it has only 54,000 miles. Still looks like new. Thanks Volvo

Best car I have had
By Steve on 08/25/10 05:35 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Hi I live in Australia , I have had many car over the years , last year even bought a ban new Suzuki Vitra $37000 I sold it a year late. so I come across this Volvo 940 for $600 , and I is the best car I have had, I mean value of money. For a 2.3 L, it goes pretty well. I use it everyday and it's done about 210,000 km , and still going strong. Cars don't last with me because I drive them real hard , but this Volvo is so tough. I love it and I would not trade it for anything.

My 940 can do anything.
By Michael on 07/18/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because it can literally do anything. I only take it to a Volvo specialty mechanic because anyone else only causes problems when they go "fishing", I plan on keeping this car for a long time. I have 146,000 miles and it has a lot of life left.

Great Car!
By mg940turbo on 10/08/09 14:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

Mine has 268,000 miles and I drive it every day. I trust it for road trips and commuting to work. The old plastic in the interior gets noisy but the radio drowns it out. Not very quick but the turbo helps. Overall, great vehicle!

my volvo "Charlie"
By volvogirl on 03/20/09 20:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

I love my car. It is a trooper, let me tell you. 272,000 miles and i drive 2 hours a day commuting to work 5or6 days a week. that is incredible. give me any modern car that will be able to do that 16 years from now. I had a 2001 bmw 530i for a while, but you know what at the end of the day my volvo was far more reliable. That is somethin' to say. And i am spoiled to having seat heaters. Every car should have them. Here's to many more years of a loving relationship with my big red car.

It Doesn't Stop
By Ed on 03/29/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

My mom bought this car back in 1995, we drove it for 8 years, then she bought a new car. It sat in the driveway for at least 2 years, a few adjustments it was up and running again. Now it's my car and running fine. We use to look back and say wow we wasted our money. Now we are amazed how this tank keeps going. It saved me money for a for my first car, insurance, and taxes. Overall this thing will never let you down after 156,000 miles it's going strong.

volvo tractor motor
By redmax on 03/02/07 06:47 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

Excellent reliability the best volvo motors are the inline 4's not great gas mileage

Look for a Honda or Toyota
By Julie on 12/15/04 09:17 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

I wanted this vehicle for its safety. Unfortunately, (over the span of a year) we have spent 4,000 dollars on repair. Now we have another 700.00 dollar car repair. I would never buy another Volvo again. It seems every time we drive it a hose bursts, and we have another car repair.

Family Volve
By loizou on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 940 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

My mother owned the car, then my sister, then me. Local Volvo dealer took care of it as directed by the Volve manual which came with the car. I was so pleased I just paid $35,000 for another volvo.