Used 1993 Volvo 940 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 940 model:

300K + & Still Going
By eshipman

1993 Volvo 940 4dr Wagon

We have over 300,000 miles on our 940. It has been the best car I have ever owned. It's a bit long in the tooth now, but perfect for my son to drive. We bought it used in '96 with 30K. No major issues. We have always kept up maint., I will buy another olvo soon!

Milage, longevity

cup holders

The Volvo 940, A Sherman Tank
By Christian

1993 Volvo 940 4dr Wagon

This car, though not a track star, is one of the most reliable vehicles i've ever known. It only had 1 owner before me, my parents and i bought it from them in 2008 with 206,000 miles on it. This thing ran great. Fuel mileage not exactly desirable but when you get into a crash, as i recently did, this thing holds up like no other. The interior was great, engine and tranny very reliable and smooth. My major gripe is the power. only 114 horses...really. The paint held up until the day it was totaled and so did everything else. At 219,000 miles i was robbed of this vehicle by a careless driver. I think it could have made i to 300,000 miles. If you maintain it, it will take care of you.

The seats, the turning radius! The brakes and the sunroof. Loved the abs and 3rd seat. This thing can store stuff! I'm a college student and it was amazing at carrying my stuff to and from school. The reliability was fantastic. I would recommend this car to anyone

The horespower, i mean come on volvo. The car was heavy and felt it at low speeds. The radio went bad about 10 years in so i bought a pioneer. It was big but didn't drive like it was. The A/C was built for sweden, not the US.