1992 Volvo 940 Consumer Review: Black Stallion

1992 Volvo 940 - Consumer Review

Black Stallion
By bkook74 on

1992 Volvo 940 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I had this car for 2 years, and so far so good. As long as you are aware of regular maintenance schedule for this car, it will be very good to you (i.e., timing belt every 50k, oil change every 4k, etc.). I've replaced one pair of tires for rear, changed driver side window regulator, passenger side window switch and moonroof switch. I actually need to recharge AC and change AC blower, simply because this is an old car. I think any car over 15 years old need these things changed. As far as driving, this is one of the best I ever had. I can definitely use more power, but I don't drive like a teenager any more, so the car is keeping me in check.

Very heavy, feels rock solid in windy highway driving. Very spacious trunk and interior. (You can fit 4 golf club bags and 4 people in one car.) Easy to take a part for repair. This car is one jigsaw puzzle, awesome!

More leg room at the back. Awkward rear seat (it sits really high, kinda weird position). Better plastic parts for interior. They degrade and fall apart. It's almost bio-degradable.