1992 Volvo 940 Consumer Review: Classy

1992 Volvo 940 - Consumer Review

By stringbean on

1992 Volvo 940 Turbo 4dr Wagon

This car is now 12 (almost 13) years old and people still comment on how nice it looks, and are suprised to hear that it is a '92 (they think it is newer). It is white with black trim and although I have retouched about a dozen very small dings in the paint, the overall finish is excellent. I bought this used Volvo in '99, with 86,000 miles, and it now has 140,000 and still runs great. I take it in for regular maintenance, which is costly, but the car has great pickup-and-go when needed and allows me to feel as safe as one can feel in a car.

I love the drivers adjustable back support and the adjustable seats that can be heated on cold mornings. The comfort, simplicity, and clean lines both inside and out make this a very likeable car.

My main complaint is that this car is too noisy. In fact, noisier than any other car I have know. It is not the engine, but just the general outside noises and air rushing by as you drive. It is like a house without any insulation, and/or very thin walls.