1992 Volvo 940 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 940 model:
would buy 1 million times over.
By cpat93 on 09/08/12 16:24 PM (PDT)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

At 226,000 miles this car looks and performs as new. All original parts alternator ,water pump, steering pump, and R12 charged ac system which still works.Paint has faded despite being waxed ever months but sits in sun alot. Interior looks new Leather seats get treated to conditioner so their not cracked like others its age. Had many serious offers to sell but would rather saw off my right hand .I also own a 95 mercedes benz e320 but find myself always driving the volvo, because it has more feature such as lumbar, heated seats, slip diff. Will be trading the e320 for a volvo 960. One of the last true volvos , couldn't pay me to buy a modern one.

92 944GL SDN
By Ken Nace on 01/16/06 00:23 AM (PST)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is my Eighth Volvo. Bought with 126,000 miles, now has 132,000 miles. I am always pleased with the comfort of Volvos. Just as reliable as a Mercedes, but half the cost to maintain. Plan in keeping this one for many years. Will most definitely own more of them in the future.

940 92
By jonas on 12/02/05 14:25 PM (PST)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

this car is as good as they get, there is not a single more reliable car in the world, mine has done 300,000 miles!

I wish I could buy another!
By Timothy on 12/09/04 17:55 PM (PST)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Purchased used with 87,000. I have put into it about 3,800 dollars in almost ten years. It now has 216,000 miles and still runs like the day I got it. I have never missed an oil change or fluid change and have done then at 3,000 miles not the recomended 5,000. parts can be exspensive but look on the internet and get the part you need for 50- 75% off and have you local shop install it.

WHAT AN AWESOME CAR!!!!
By volvo for life... on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My dad bought his 940GL used 2 years agoat 114,000 miles. Now it has 140,000. The previous owner took such good care of this car. Since my dad bought it, he's had to replace nothing, not even brake pads.He drives the car 40 miles to work on way everyday and its never left him stranded. The ride is unsurpassed. I own a '90 240DL and this car puts mine to shame.

Pass this one up
By Atlanta,GA on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with 68,000 miles on it. Had to replace the transmission at 100,000 ($5,000). Replaced radiator ($300) at 120,000 miles. Two power window motors broke, had to replace water pump, occasionally had electrical problems. Wears through brake rotors quickly. At 185,000 miles transmission went out again. Leaks oil, Air Conditioner went out at 130,000 miles.

One of a Kind
By volvo940 on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My father bought this car back in 1992 when it was new. It has proven to be one heckuva car, and it only has 92,000 miles on it, with many more to go. Acceleration is a little on the slow side, but the power of the engine is overwhelming. I still get complements on it!

1992 Volvo 940GL
By connect on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The B230F 4 cylinder engine with electronic fuel injection Volvo was purchased new. MPG is City 20 and Highway 28. It has a driver's side airbag only and side impact protection. Even with its box-like exterior (which most Volvo purist enjoy) and plain but functional interior, the car has been a pleasure.

Volvo 940 GL
By falconbrother on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Volvo 940 Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this as a used car several years ago. It has been a great car, overall. I have made some repairs, but I still think this is an above average car. It's highlights are: a great ride on the interstate, best engine in the business in terms of reliability, roomy, good gas mileage. Negatives: plain interior, low power around town, Volvo factory parts are kind of expensive. Overall, this is a first rate car.