A classy, comfortable car!
By Michael Ray on
1991 Volvo 940 SE Turbo 4dr Sedan
I have had several Volvo vehicles, all WAGONS. This is the first sedan I've owned, and was pleasantly suprised. The wagons handled very predictably, and I did not expect that from a sedan. I am impressed with the vehicle. I bought it w/ 108K on it; I expect to run it at least another 100K before I replace it. The turbo motor has been further refined, and the vehicle shamelessly is heads above the newer 850 series, in performance, comfort, and mileage. The newer 850series have a definite Audi-ish flavor, but the 940 series retains the Volvo image and feel that the manufacturer is well known for. I prefer it to the 850's. Better pickup; response and style.
Favorite Features
Comfort/ adjustable seats, the heated seats, excellent performance that runs circles around 850 models, and less thirsty that the 850's also @ the pump. Less expensive to repair than the 850's also.
Suggested Improvements
On a vehicle of this calibre, it is a shame that Volvo did not see fit to equip it with a top-shelf sound system. We're not talking about an inexpensive car here, and an upgraded system really should have been standard on a flagship vehicle like this...