Little Things that Kill?
By Brian on
1997 Volvo 850 4dr Sedan
2 years ago this July, I traded this car, a '97 850 with 82K, for a no hassle '98 F150, as we added another child to the nest. I have to say, overall, I love the car. I wish it had a sunroof and the sporty rims, that's it. I love the base acceleration and sport mode, and the handling. What I don't like is the little things that have now added up to almost $3K, 2 yrs later with 104K. Yes, this car was exposed to salt air for 2 years, we towed a small 15ft boat under 2K pounds, and yes we commute to and drive in Philadelphia. I now have a sluggish trans, torque mount, struts and strut bushing probs, possibly shocks, had brake problems, re- occuring belt problems, axle boots$, and electrical.
Favorite Features
I love the car, styling, heat and heated seats, performance, trans, handling, and the great sound system.
Suggested Improvements
More reliable, like the old volvos of before(240,740, etc), new cupholders, new cruise control-controls, HD electrical system and thicker brake pads. Can Anyone shed light on me for this review? My alternative is a used Toyota Avalon, but I'd truly like to keep this car. ??