This car is a hit/miss
By nprax on
1995 Volvo 850 Turbo 4dr Sedan
When I was 16 my parents gave me $3000 and told me to get a car. Cant say I had alot of choices, and I ended up buying a bone stock 1995 red 850 sedan. This car is difficult to describe... you WILL love it for its highs; the durability, the cool-nerd styling, the suspension roomy interior and resonable value. The downs are pretty much like other european cars; expensive to maintain, reliability is iffy, but mine never left me stranded. Through the time I had it, i replaced countless hoses, the gas tank, seat belt mechanisms, electric systems, you name it. But even now with a brand new Dodge Challenger, I think about my volvo, and miss it. And thats what makes this car great.
Favorite Features
Nice ride; yet great in corners, the body is a tank, can haul friends/ family and then some, unique styling like no other car, the lights are AMAZING (owners will get it lol)
Suggested Improvements
Find a decent Volvo mechanic, your going to need him. Interior pieces pretty much disentigrate at this age. Non-turbo motor is underpowered in todays age, especially considering you'll only get 19-22 on the highway... and there will ALWAYS be some sort of warning light on your dashboard (I lived with it)