1995 Volvo 850 Consumer Review: Still a Steal, great car

1995 Volvo 850 - Consumer Review

Still a Steal, great car
By Driven on

1995 Volvo 850 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I have loved my 850 Turbo. This is our 4th Volvo and they just get better. Safe, quick, and easy to haul your family and their goods. Thinks to look for if you are buying a used 850: 1) Timing Belt changed at required interval 2) Make certain AC system blows cold. The evaporator is expensive to repair. 3) No "Check Engine Light" or "Abs" light 4) Make sure the brake rotors are free from warps, causing the steering wheel to shudder 5) Have a Volvo dealer do a pre- purchase inspection. If the car has not been abused, you can expect great quality and reliability from a used Volvo, even with high miles. Nonetheless, expect annual maintenance/repair to average $700-$1000.

Seats are so comfortable I would like a set for my living room. Great T5 engine pulls hard. Car is not "obvious" to law enforcement. I trust this car with my family's life every day.

Adjustable camber plates, more aftermarket parts, better brake materials. Full size spare.