1995 Volvo 850 Consumer Review: Not a bad car

1995 Volvo 850 - Consumer Review

GLT Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Not a bad car
By eraumatt on

1995 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Wagon

I received this car from my parents when they got another car. They bought it new from a dealer in 1995. It has never failed to start on me. Recently, I replaced the starter because it was going, and it would take 3-4 cranks to get it to turn, but it always started. The electric seat modules are busted, and do not work. I'm sure it would be an easy aftermarket fix. The heated seats also no longer work. Mechanically, there is a slight oil leak coming from the bottom of the engine, but no one can figure it out. I drove from Florida to New Mexico with ZERO oil, because the Oil Lube station in FL didn't secure the oil pan cap, however the car is still running 1 year later, with no problems.

Ride, solid feel, usefullness (very large inside), rugged-ness, safety. I've been in several accidents and not once have I been hurt.

Electric seats, fuel economy (15-18 mpg in city for non-turbo model), NO CUP HOLDERS but this was fixed on later years.