1995 Volvo 850 Consumer Review: It is been good to me

1995 Volvo 850 Sedan - Consumer Review

It is been good to me
By Andrey K on

1995 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 850 GLT with 17,000 miles in 2001, pretty unusual! A month later, I had to replace shocks as they simply dried out - the car was not driven much. Overall, the car was very reliable and I feel very safe in it. Even though a fuel pump got bad (it was probably my fault as I often drove on almost empty tank to make it to work), the car never let me down on the road. I have been putting 30K miles a year, and now it has 140K miles, and still drives like new. A/C was the unit that gave me a few problems, but it was fixed under warranty. The dash is a little noisy, but it is OK, because when I was hit by a Pontiac from behind, it fell apart, and I drove away with almost no damage!

Drives great, and feels as a tank. Very smooth on the highway. Good pick-up even for a non-turbo model. Lots of room for a sedan. Very reliable engine and transmission - like a clock (it burns absolutely no oil at 140K miles!). Great steering - can make a U- turn in tight spots. Runs great overall.

A/C quality; Bodylean at cornering. Power seat computer/module; A little noisy dashboard/panels. Steering stops make noise when not lubed. Air (both intake and out)sensors had to be replaced. I hear it is common for 850s. However, never got stranded on the road, which is the most important thing.