I love my Volvo
By itssamyo on
1995 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Wagon
I love my 850. It is my first car that my family has owned since 1997. Four years ago when I started driving it I was admittedly ashamed to have a "soccer mom car". My attitude quickly changed. Its a N/A four speed automatic that is going on 274000 miles. The car is showing its age with little squeaks and rattles, the hatch no longer stays open on its own, and little bits and bobs seem to be wearing out. Despite this it has been an incredibly safe form of transportation. While repairs are far from cheap, the engine and transmission are bulletproof and continue to work well, and I tend to push this wagon very hard.
Favorite Features
The interior space and comfort is the best thing about this wagon. I call it my front-wheel-drive pick up truck because when the seats are folded down you realize how cavernous this car can be. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in and road trips are a breeze.
Suggested Improvements
Do yourself a favor and buy a manual. The automatic is quite sluggish and not very efficient. If you can't drive stick, make sure to get one with the sport switch which lets you more easily access the higher RPM's.