1995 Volvo 850 Consumer Review: A wonderful car

1995 Volvo 850 - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A wonderful car
By nelhig on

1995 Volvo 850 4dr Wagon

I'm very attached to my 850 Volvo wagon. I've had it almost 13 yrs. and it's been the most maintenance free vehicle I've ever owned. The engine is a gem. The interior trim falls apart over years, especially the outside trim. I stopped replacing it. Also, the hatch door trim inside has fallen apart and now rattles. The leather seats have torn, but that's because it lives outside. Sometimes I miss AWD and feel like my Volvo is a tank when it starts to slide, but because it is a tank I feel safe. It's been a reliable car as a single mom of two children. The only major complaint I have now is the driver seat has become very uncomfortable and my back hurts after just short drives.

Sturdy/safe car, amethyst color, supreme engine overall, tight handling, beautiful, sleek looking car, reliable, country mechanics can still work on it, don't need the dealer most times.

The exterior trim, rear hatch interior trim, driver seat discomfort, better CD player, cup holders broke so long ago I forgot I had them, rear windows only roll down halfway as safety precaution (a bit much).