1995 Volvo 850 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 850 model:
Love my 850
By Jim on 08/27/08 20:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Volvo 850 Wagon 4dr Wagon

Bought used with 20K miles from a dealer in 96. It was a Hertz rental for a year before I bought it. Best deal ever. It has never had a major problem after 140K miles. Wear yes, but my partner is obsessive about maintenance and care. But we have to sell. Got another fab deal on a year old 2007 S80. I'm having difficulty selling because of the memories and worry free experience. Maybe I'll keep it, just because I love Volvos. I hope Ford didn't screw up the quality too much since I bought this one.

A wonderful car
By nelhig on 11/04/07 12:09 PM (PST)

1995 Volvo 850 Wagon 4dr Wagon

I'm very attached to my 850 Volvo wagon. I've had it almost 13 yrs. and it's been the most maintenance free vehicle I've ever owned. The engine is a gem. The interior trim falls apart over years, especially the outside trim. I stopped replacing it. Also, the hatch door trim inside has fallen apart and now rattles. The leather seats have torn, but that's because it lives outside. Sometimes I miss AWD and feel like my Volvo is a tank when it starts to slide, but because it is a tank I feel safe. It's been a reliable car as a single mom of two children. The only major complaint I have now is the driver seat has become very uncomfortable and my back hurts after just short drives.

Nice Used Car
By Tedbo on 04/15/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Volvo 850 Wagon 4dr Wagon

Nice dependable car which had some miles on her when purchased. Depending on how well the car is maintained you may have to invest in some costly maintenance. Be sure that you check the shocks/struts, last timing belt change, horn (ours became stuck just as we were picking our daughter up from middle school, she was quite embarassed) and the door hinges. A test drive on a hot day is recommended so that you can put the air-conditioning system through its paces. History of problems. Car is solid, however be prepared for plenty of rattles from the rear compartment/hatch. There are kits available which can help reduce the noise levels. Would still recommend and would buy another.