1995 Volvo 850 T5R - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 850 model:
Performance and reliability
By Richard Hendesron on 07/16/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

1995 Volvo 850 T5R T5R Turbo 4dr Sedan

Bought my t5-r in a snow storm . The seller sold it to me dirt cheap (only $1500). I've added suspension springs and sway bars. I've also upgraded the ecu and exhaust and turbo. This car eats up r/t chargers and most f-bodied V-8 GM cars. Very roomy but it drives so solid. I never expected this out of a Volvo. Fuel economy is good but not o.k. Pretty easy to work on if your not afraid to d.i.y. And to top it all off its a rare car. I love the feeling of smoking a STI or charger and the look on the faces. Yeah, you just got torched by a Volvo.

Would do it again!
By canam77 on 10/29/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Volvo 850 T5R T5R Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a non-running, unmaintained piece of crap basically, after investing over $8k into it I can say its still not perfect but whatever. It's a 1995 Yellow, one of 185 made. At this point it is my favorite car ever (replacing a 96 850R, with half the mileage, and half the problems but oh well, I dont care like I said its a Yellow T-5R whatever it takes I feel i finally have the dream car I had always wanted since I was 10 and my brother borrowed one from the dealer he worked at back in 95).

A true classic
By topht_bb on 05/06/06 21:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Volvo 850 T5R T5R Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought one with 100k in jan '06 and it still drives like a baby i compared it to a 02 impala (3.8 engine) with the same mileage and the ride was much smoother. it sits better on the road better pickup a true classic.

Lovin It
By SnwBrdnXC14 on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volvo 850 T5R T5R Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is a cool car.. at first for a 16 year old it seemed a wagon was uncool but then i realized that it is beter for having a kickin stereo system put in... you can have the subs in the cargo area and still have room for whatever you need! my car is in bad leather condition and my power seat's gear fell off the the back rest so its stuck, but in a very good condition. Whats not to like about this car... it has really nice seats and lots of luxuries to boot! only thing it has ever needed is timing belt at 75000 miles and a broken headlamp lense. Get one of these i garuntee youll love it!

Great car!
By coffeeguzzler on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volvo 850 T5R T5R Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is a great car - unbelievable acceleration and handling (240 HP, not 168 as listed by Edmunds). I bought it last year, and so far, so good! The car is very comfortable, and is well- built. I have not had any problems with it, thus far. My jaw still drops when I put it in sport mode and give it some gas...