1994 Volvo 850 Consumer Review: Comfortable Ride Finally Found

1994 Volvo 850 - Consumer Review

GLT Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Comfortable Ride Finally Found
By Don Valencic on

1994 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

After searching for a quality second car for doctor's appointments and the occasional trip to the mall, I finally found it in my 1994 Volvo GLT. I test drove and passed on every maker's so called premium/luxury model. I test drove this car because of its excellent outward appearance. I was surprised to find it quiet, rattle free, smooth on acceleration with terrific handling. Seating was what mattered most due to my disabilities. The 8 way w/memory, thickly padded but supportive power seat let me find the best position easily and keep it. I have never been more pleased in more than 42 years of driving. I wonder if the new Volvos are as well designed and made as this one.

Seating comfort, understated good looks, reliabilty of the power train, available horse power for every day driving and excellence in engineering.

As this car had every available factory option, I really cannot think of anything... except a rear wheel drive platform perhaps?