1994 Volvo 850 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 850 model:
Best Car I've Ever Owned
By kfluharty on 08/08/13 15:48 PM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Wagon GLTS 4dr Wagon

Don't let the miles scare you when you are looking for a used Volvo. Mine had 152,000 miles on it when I bought it. Just passed 230,000 and this thing still runs and drives like a new car. She's built like a tank. Regular maintenance and the odd sensor or ball joint and this thing will run forever. FOLLOW THE VOLVO RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE!! I bought this car used 3 years ago after it was recommended by 3 different people. I have owned over 25 cars including Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Jeeps, a Ford, several GM products, and a BMW and this one is BY FAR the best vehicle I've ever owned. My friends kept telling me "Once you own a Volvo, you'll never own another car. They were right.

A Good Car...all in all
By Joe on 05/11/10 20:41 PM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Wagon GLTS 4dr Wagon

has 137k, bought with 103k. Problems: - Throttle body hose, mass airflow meter, and spark plugs (about $700) at 129k - New ceramic brakes and rotors ($475) -New wiper/cruise control stock (replaced on my own at $35) Benefits: - Very comfortable car, perfect for long trips! - 26-30mpg highway - Rear seats fold flat...and passenger seat. It can sleep somebody in there!

Safety Matters
By ADuckGirl on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Wagon GLTS 4dr Wagon

This is our second Volvo, and both my husband and I love it. We were originially sold on the Volvo safety record, but after driving it for a few weeks, we realized that the performance of this vehicle is also outstanding. We got it right before our son was born, and although having a rear-facing child seat in it was a bit of a tight fit, now that he's in a forward facing seat, we don't have a negative thing to say about it. It's roomy enough for our child, three dogs, and all our gear for vacations, and it's extremely reliable.

clean machine
By ultrasuperchump on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Wagon GLTS 4dr Wagon

comfortable, reliable, I feel very safe in it

Old Driver's Opinion
By OldDriver on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Volvo 850 Wagon GLTS 4dr Wagon

These are great cars and are very safe. I have had no problems and this is my second Volvo to own. I will buy another Volvo.

know what you're buying
By austinlad04 on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Wagon GLTS 4dr Wagon

"Sportwagon" model rides like sports car. Return rate on shocks is hard enough to bring excellent handling, but also annoyance over speed bumps and rough roads. Quick-handling PT Cruiser like Suburban next to this. Base engine needs expert touch; auto tranny cooperates once you figure out the shiftpoints. Hand dealer your Amex and pray; longer repairs than any other shop. Swapping shorted shiftlock chip (in the cabin) for the tranny cost as much as replacing the topside motor stabilizer bushing. Power seat mechanics susceptible to early failure. Paint on leather wears quickly in sun. Scheduled service expensive due to labor charge.

volvo 1994 wagon
By alpha on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Wagon GLTS 4dr Wagon

Just an all around great car, since day 1 and has been totally reliable, safe and seats are one of the best for comfort. The car has never had a any problems, just routine maintance. Overall outstanding and would recommend highly. My next car will be a volvo again.