1994 Volvo 850 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 850 model:
VOLVO 850
By COOL KID on 02/02/06 13:37 PM (PST)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

the volvo 850...this is my tank, a great car, it has got me through alot of things that many cars would hav probably gotten me killed lol. I just love this thing. I feel safe in it everytime i sit inside. It feels bullet proof, it will last forever, i just dont even know what else to say about this car.

Volvo 850 dependable
By atlmberry on 12/19/04 15:15 PM (PST)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

This has been my most dependable car - more dependable than my brand new Acura TL.

VOLVO 850GLT -93
By Jan-Iver on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

Great car with all the power I need. Costed all too much, but ALL cars do so in Norway. (Costed me $25.000,-) Sorry VOLVO, but your dealers need more training in fault finding. Also they should listen to what the customers say. My car has now the fourth transmission installed, as the dealer tried to get rid of some performance problems, and faultcodes that told him that the tranny was defective. The problem was, surprisingly in the ECC MCU. (All af you who know a little about early automotive databussystems know why.) All in all the car performs eccelent now. VERY good MPG ratings too. (0,8 litres of petrol per 10 kilometers)

good as it gets
By esc on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

I ve owned this used 850 2 1/2 years. Bought it used. It's been a real trooper with my driving, over 28K per year. Great car.

Volvo Quirks
By CarltonJ on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

This is my third Volvo,(previous 244, and 744 owner). It has all the typical 'quirks' that make the old girl a Volvo. 1) electrical problems. It seems as soon as you go over 75k miles, the electrical system goes to pot, replacing bulbs in tail light, dash, and console instrument panel are a constant. Driver's side power seats don't recline anymore either. 2) Also, black trim on car peeled, and was repainted twice to no avail. 3) 6 disk CD changer in trunk is worthless, but sound system is great! I've got 130k on her now, and won't even think about another Volvo until I crack 200k. With age comes distinction...even if the lights keep going out.

good value for the money
By atlmberry on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

The value of options is good for the price range, however... if you are looking for reliability first, you probably don't want to look here. I got a "well" maintained 850 with only 83k miles - had it checked out before my purchase only to find out later there were many repairs required (A/C leak, rear main oil, front oil leak, etc.). It's a very nice looking car with alot of options but it's no Acura when it comes to repairs.

Volvo 850
By lelan80 on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Car - comforting to know family is in something so safe. Great Brakes