1994 Volvo 850 Sedan Consumer Reviews

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1994 Volvo 850 Turbo 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific 850 model:
FUN CAR! :D
By brando on 04/06/10 21:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

FUN TO DRIVE! VERY PRACTICAL!.......WILL LAST A LONG TIME... MINE HAS 195K.

volvo 850 turbo
By jamesmcsweeney on 02/15/10 05:09 AM (PST)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

I have a volvo 850 turbo since 2005 and I have fond it a very comfortable car to drive it has a lot of power and with a proper tune up its very fast .its also nimble in traffic .Yes you have to put premiuim gas in it but that is a small sacrifice for the power you are getting . all in all I love this car .

Comfortable Ride Finally Found
By Don Valencic on 09/23/07 21:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLT 4dr Sedan

After searching for a quality second car for doctor's appointments and the occasional trip to the mall, I finally found it in my 1994 Volvo GLT. I test drove and passed on every maker's so called premium/luxury model. I test drove this car because of its excellent outward appearance. I was surprised to find it quiet, rattle free, smooth on acceleration with terrific handling. Seating was what mattered most due to my disabilities. The 8 way w/memory, thickly padded but supportive power seat let me find the best position easily and keep it. I have never been more pleased in more than 42 years of driving. I wonder if the new Volvos are as well designed and made as this one.

VOLVO 850
By COOL KID on 02/02/06 13:37 PM (PST)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

the volvo 850...this is my tank, a great car, it has got me through alot of things that many cars would hav probably gotten me killed lol. I just love this thing. I feel safe in it everytime i sit inside. It feels bullet proof, it will last forever, i just dont even know what else to say about this car.

Depends on your climate
By Jason on 09/01/05 00:41 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLT 4dr Sedan

Bought with 78K miles in 2001. Amazingly harsh and brittle ride, lack of power at low speeds, tendency to wander at high speeds, narrow tires not very confidence-inspiring. Significant body roll, squeaky but effective brakes. Had a $500 problem with it once every year. Broken down only once, when the battery decided it had had enough and wanted to explode but didn't. AC evaporator tends to fail and costs a grand to fix. This car lets in an amazing about of heat in the summer, and I live in the northeast. This car is relatively cheap to buy now, but I would only recommend it to residents of Canada who don't like driving fast and have autobahn-quality roads where they live.

850 Turbo, if you please!!
By bccturbo on 07/25/05 10:26 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan

Before I ended up staying at home with the kids, I'd been driving a 94 300zx every day. Wow this was a change, but not in a bad way. Performance is on par with a Taurus SHO without the lack of reliability. Not to mention the interior is of MUCH higher quality. I paid right at 4k for this vehicle from a dealer. Why so cheap? There was a vacuum line break that they didn't want to investigate. It allowed unmetered air into the intake that caused the MIL to activate and it would not pass emissions. Found the leak during a test drive and gambled that it would fix the problem. Bought it, fixed the leak, passed with flying colors and the vehicle has not had any problems since.

Volvo 850 dependable
By atlmberry on 12/19/04 15:15 PM (PST)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

This has been my most dependable car - more dependable than my brand new Acura TL.

Great car
By seashell on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLT 4dr Sedan

I bought the car because of the safety features. Luckily they've never been tested. The drivers seat is the most comfortable seat as was my 240. It gets decent mileage 22 to 25 (includes some highway driving). I don't like the price of the 30K service work but it's never let me down. The finish has held up great with waxing twice a year. The antenna has gotten bent in car washes and had to be replaced. I wish the new ones had as much room. I do ocassionally have to tighten the nut on the windshield washer arm. Overall it has been good to me.

Great Car
By regnellie on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLT 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car new in 94 and have loved it! Car just totaled in an accident and of course everyone in the car walked away without a scratch! We will purchase another Volvo to replace this one, a used one this time. They are such great cars we have no second thoughts about purchasing a used Volvo, our first used car. Had around 108K miles and we had not had any major repairs done to the car. The yearly service was pricey, which is my only complaint with Volvos. However, they are such reliable cars that it seems like a small matter overall. This was our second Volvo and we will probably always own as least one! Tons of trunk space.

VOLVO 850GLT -93
By Jan-Iver on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volvo 850 Sedan GLTS 4dr Sedan

Great car with all the power I need. Costed all too much, but ALL cars do so in Norway. (Costed me $25.000,-) Sorry VOLVO, but your dealers need more training in fault finding. Also they should listen to what the customers say. My car has now the fourth transmission installed, as the dealer tried to get rid of some performance problems, and faultcodes that told him that the tranny was defective. The problem was, surprisingly in the ECC MCU. (All af you who know a little about early automotive databussystems know why.) All in all the car performs eccelent now. VERY good MPG ratings too. (0,8 litres of petrol per 10 kilometers)