Volvo: Spoiled For Life!
By Billy on
1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan
I have had a lot of used vehicles, but never one like this. I was shopping around and the used dealer asked me to look at the '93 Volvo 805 GLT. I am so glad that I did. It has been my best pre-owned car to date and just keeps going. I plan to keep this for many years to come, but also cannot wait to own another Volvo, unless Volvo's relationship with (now) Ford affiliation deteriates it. God knows I am not a Ford fan at all. Other than that I am a Volvo for Lifer, or as I say - Spoiled For Life! In addition it is positively the safest car I've ever owned. I accidently backed into a huge light pole. The pole budged but only a scratch on my bumper and no movement to the bumper at all!
Favorite Features
The sports shift mode, easy access to spark plugs and wires for fast tune ups, 3 memory positions on the driver's seat, intigrated child booster seat, killer factory sound system, dual rear fold down seating and front passenger seat folds down for long haul items such as skis & so much more!
Suggested Improvements
All this great design, but not a single cup holder in the '93 model - go figure! If you do your own mainetnance expect lots and lots of torx head screws, but it's built solid!