Vivecka the Volvo!
By NAsh on
1993 Volvo 850 GLTS 4dr Sedan
My brother and sister drove Volvos as their first cars, and the tradition continued with me. My parents have always been big fans of Volvo since 19 years ago when they bought their first Volvo, an 87 240, which we still have. I was really wanting a 4Runner, but insurance was high and it guzzles gas, so I decided for a Volvo. Now for the car. I love Volvo style, especially the older boxy look. 850s are extremely reliable and enjoyable to drive. They get excellent gas mileage, sometimes even up to 32 on the highway. Volvo maunals are the way to go. Accleration is alright, but plenty of power for a 16 year old. Very roomy. Easy controls, fog lights, heated seats makes the 850 a great choice!
Favorite Features
The wipers on the lights do it for me,sad I know. The seats are so comfortable my back smiles when I sit down in my car. Not having the exact civic, celica, or cavalier as every other kid in the high school parking lot. GAS MILEAGE for my parents now that I'm not driving an suv. GET A MANUAL! SAFETY
Suggested Improvements
cup holder like usual. They aren't to bad, however, I'm used to Volvo cup holders. They sometimes get in the way while shifting though with both of them pulled out. Volvo a/c's are weak, but once again I'm used to a weak a/c in a car. Those are both very minor and I really enjoy my car!