1993 Volvo 850 Consumer Reviews 3

1993 Volvo 850 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 850 model:
So Sad, changing to a
By SerinaB on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

When I got this car it had 90,000 miles on it. Last yr the timing belt went which was my fault for not noticing it should have been changed sooner according to manual. But it just went once again! I am sorely depressed as I really did love this car and always felt Volvo was safest for me and my daughter to be in. When it was running it was great! A little sluggish on take off though, and desperately in need of cup holders! Red popped out at me and gave this car a really sporty look! Built in child seat is a great feature when you have younger kids and friends with children you may have to pick up unexpectedly! Too costly to fix, so we are going retire her

Viggen for all
By Redshark on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

In Swedish, Viggen means lighting bolt. That in my opinion is what this car is. My 850 has the 5sp transmission. It is my 4th Swede since everyone in the family, "falls in love with it." This one is staying mine all mine. Thank you to Volvo for making such reliable, safe and good looking vehicles. While they can be stuborn at times, they are always there for you. You have a very good chance of walking away from an accident that many would never survive from.Just maintain the vehicle as outlined, don't let just anyone service the vehicle and you should be fine for life.

one good car
By Christopher 876 on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

it is one of the best cars ever

volvo 850
By rob bartlett on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

owned for 10 yrs-excellent car

volva 850
By rkss52 on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

God i love this car it is my first car and because of the volvo awsome handling i have managed to avoid 2 acciedents on wet roads. Also swerving at 70 going left then right is not such a good thing so DON"T OVERSTEER IN THIS CAR.

Best car ever
By Joshua McKenzie on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

Best Car I have ever owned, Bought a new BMW 3 years ago, but somehow still prefer to drive my Volvo, Reliable and Consistent, would not trade it for anything else.

My Sweet 850
By okieman1200 on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

Bought this as my first car, its very nice. Love the styling, the seats are amazing, the leather so comfy. The engine rather powerful for its 168hp. The sport mode on the transmission is fun sometimes. Just check maitenance records, and take good care of it. After buying I replaced air filter, did an oil change, plan to flush transmission, and always use premium gas.

Great car
By Wm. Bennett on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

Great car. Best I've ever owned. It's 10 years old & I'm finally selling it only because I want a new car.I've had very few problems othersthan wear & tear. The only thing that broke was the A/c. The only thing weird was a problem with the float or whatever in the gas tank.

hooked for life
By Mr. Steve on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

I have never purchased an import before. The used car dealers reputation was excellent and he only handled Volvo's 90,000 miles when purchased in 1999- 180,000 miles on odometer 12-31-02. Tire and oil changes only

Superb Craftmanship
By Ugachuckie on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 850 GLT 4dr Sedan

This is my first European car and i love it. I love the boxy type and the interiors. I never had any major problems yet and the previous owner definitely took care of this car, I have all of the maintenance record from them. I am currently modifying this car, I had the rims installed and my new exhaust system. I have the new mesh grill ordered from IPD and looking in to install the lowering springs next time. I fully recommend this car for any driver. Volvo is the safest car in the world! In addition to that it has the coolest stock sound system.