1993 Volvo 850 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 850 model:
Vivecka the Volvo!
By NAsh on 06/02/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 850 GLTS 4dr Sedan

My brother and sister drove Volvos as their first cars, and the tradition continued with me. My parents have always been big fans of Volvo since 19 years ago when they bought their first Volvo, an 87 240, which we still have. I was really wanting a 4Runner, but insurance was high and it guzzles gas, so I decided for a Volvo. Now for the car. I love Volvo style, especially the older boxy look. 850s are extremely reliable and enjoyable to drive. They get excellent gas mileage, sometimes even up to 32 on the highway. Volvo maunals are the way to go. Accleration is alright, but plenty of power for a 16 year old. Very roomy. Easy controls, fog lights, heated seats makes the 850 a great choice!

The 850: Practical, Reliable, Fun
By jakemj8402 on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 850 GLTS 4dr Sedan

I received the 850 as my first car, my parents thought that Volvo safety was the way to go for me. I'm glad that they did; I love the car its comfortable (Volvo seats are the best!) it can haul anything with its never ending cargo capacity, and even though it has boxy styling, this car has class. Anybody would be happy with an 850, its such a versatile car; just make sure that the previous owner has done all the maintainence. Repairs can be costly as I have heard from other 850 owners, but that is to be expected with any euro car.

My Life, My Love, My Volvo 850
By Rett's 850 on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 850 GLTS 4dr Sedan

This is without a shaddow of a doubt the best car I have ever owned. I purchased it used two years ago, and have loved every second of owning this car. It does like to get attention when it comes to the maitenence department, but its not an issue when I think about how much I love the car. I'm almost to 150k and haven't had any major problems until a fuel regulator went out the other day, and all my friends kept trying to crank it, and ruined the engine. So, I'm having to replace the engine, oh well, it's worth it to me.