1990 Volvo 760 Consumer Review: 1990 760 Turbo Wagon

1990 Volvo 760 Wagon - Consumer Review

1990 760 Turbo Wagon
By Diana on

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Wagon

I'm the second owner of my "Goldie" but I bought it with only 14K miles on it. I've run it to the ground, now having 188,680 miles on it today. I've replaced the turbo, (another reviewer said about 150K and that was about right) but the $1700 it cost me was still better than a new car! Can fit a full 4X8 sheet of plywood in the back, or two dog crates + luggage. Kids love the comfort, great on long trips. Good solid road car with comfort plus work- horse capability. Pockets built into the back of the front seats are great for kids. Someday I'll get a van, but not till my wagon is unfixable!

Love the storage capacity of the rear. Bought a bed liner first thing and for all the hauling I do it was a great investment. Seating comfortable for eveyone in our family. Have done 3 week road trips with kids and a dog and lived out of this car!

Air and heat compressors could be more reliable...and they are expensive to fix. I can use both air and heat with the manual controls only, as the automatic temp gauge is $600 and it taxes the compressor so that there is no airflow when accelerating. Not good in the desert!