1990 Volvo 760 Consumer Review: Great first car, minor issues

1990 Volvo 760 - Consumer Review

GLE Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 4-speed Automatic)

Great first car, minor issues
By jacksonreese on

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I got my 760 about 2 months ago form a guy who took absolutly NO care of it. Its really a shame because it looks like all the damage thats been done to it has been his doing. The car drove right off the bat even though it had some moderate issues. The car has classic style. Alot of my friends tease it and call it a beater but im proud that its a volvo and its my car. THIS IS ONE DURABLE SEDAN. Whatever the guy before me put it thriugh he went to hell and back and for the price i payed ($400) its running like a champ. then engine and transmission are great. i plan to restore this car fullly and have it for awhile.

the interior is comphy as all hell. you sit in it and you feel like your in a recliner. For being 21 years old the car is in amazing shape, especially considering what the pervious owner put it through. He never repaired anything and just drove with all the bad things and there still holding. Like i said this is my first car and i just love it. And i plan on keeping it a very long time. The car has 250,000 + miles and the tranny still runs great. That in itself is incredible.

heres some of the things that are wrong with it. The back end seems to droop a little. The trunk door dosent stay up, now im not sure if this is just how it is or somthing i need to fix. The engine has a bad lifter and seems to knock when its running. The timing is way off. The driver door hande had been disliged and is dangling (easly fixable) The engine also seems to be leaking oil from a unknown point. The back left wheel was completely jammed to the axel and we had to cut off the bolts to get in to bleed the brakes, as we got deeper we realized it needs new wheel bearings. most of this is at fault of the prev owner not the car.