1990 Volvo 760 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 760 model:
Great first car, minor issues
By jacksonreese on 03/04/11 07:05 AM (PST)

1990 Volvo 760 Sedan GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I got my 760 about 2 months ago form a guy who took absolutly NO care of it. Its really a shame because it looks like all the damage thats been done to it has been his doing. The car drove right off the bat even though it had some moderate issues. The car has classic style. Alot of my friends tease it and call it a beater but im proud that its a volvo and its my car. THIS IS ONE DURABLE SEDAN. Whatever the guy before me put it thriugh he went to hell and back and for the price i payed ($400) its running like a champ. then engine and transmission are great. i plan to restore this car fullly and have it for awhile.

Great car
By Chet on 07/31/08 15:51 PM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 760 Sedan GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in April of 08. I've had a few small issues with the vehicle but nothing that is not to hard to fix IE; the radiator and lower hose. I also put in new spark plugs (E 3 diamond) and got the best fuel mileage (430) to a full tank of regular gas with the added help of 104 max octane booster.

Review of 1990 760 GLE
By lktmds_1 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Volvo 760 Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car since the first day it came on the lot in 1990. I have had minimal amount of trouble with this car. It has been completely reliable. It is very powerful and can respond to every demand and push. I often drive in the mountains and this car handles better than my fathers Porsche and BMW (even he will admit that). The cost of keeping this car has been low. Other than regular oil changes and tire rotations and diagnostic check ups, there has been no significant repairs. The 8 speaker stereo with 600 watts amplifies well and sounds like no other. The only slight dislike I have for this car is that the gas milage is not great.

oneofthebest
By happyvolvowner on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 760 Sedan GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought thi car off my brother in law who always serviced it himself being a volvo mechanic. I am the third owner now I am giving it to my boy for his first, solid reliable car being he is getting his license. In winter you must either put weight in the back even with Blizzak tires or super studded tires being it is rear wheel drive,