Used 1990 Volvo 760 Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 760 model:

Awesome vehicle!
By Kimberly

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Wagon

This car is a great daily use vehicle. Very reliable and well taken care of. Love the comfort and the large interior!

1987 Volvo 760 Turbo 4 Speed Auto Transmission
By mec12

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

As of 5/13/2016 car has 194,000 miles. Car has original engine, original turbo, original transmission. Great, reliable car. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this car to anyone.

Great first car, minor issues
By jacksonreese

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I got my 760 about 2 months ago form a guy who took absolutly NO care of it. Its really a shame because it looks like all the damage thats been done to it has been his doing. The car drove right off the bat even though it had some moderate issues. The car has classic style. Alot of my friends tease it and call it a beater but im proud that its a volvo and its my car. THIS IS ONE DURABLE SEDAN. Whatever the guy before me put it thriugh he went to hell and back and for the price i payed ($400) its running like a champ. then engine and transmission are great. i plan to restore this car fullly and have it for awhile.

the interior is comphy as all hell. you sit in it and you feel like your in a recliner. For being 21 years old the car is in amazing shape, especially considering what the pervious owner put it through. He never repaired anything and just drove with all the bad things and there still holding. Like i said this is my first car and i just love it. And i plan on keeping it a very long time. The car has 250,000 + miles and the tranny still runs great. That in itself is incredible.

heres some of the things that are wrong with it. The back end seems to droop a little. The trunk door dosent stay up, now im not sure if this is just how it is or somthing i need to fix. The engine has a bad lifter and seems to knock when its running. The timing is way off. The driver door hande had been disliged and is dangling (easly fixable) The engine also seems to be leaking oil from a unknown point. The back left wheel was completely jammed to the axel and we had to cut off the bolts to get in to bleed the brakes, as we got deeper we realized it needs new wheel bearings. most of this is at fault of the prev owner not the car.

Great car
By Chet

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in April of 08. I've had a few small issues with the vehicle but nothing that is not to hard to fix IE; the radiator and lower hose. I also put in new spark plugs (E 3 diamond) and got the best fuel mileage (430) to a full tank of regular gas with the added help of 104 max octane booster.

The comfortable seats, room for long legs and ergonomic feel.

The lack of warning when something like the head gasket is going.

Longlasting if you don't get a lemon
By compassstl

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with over 130,000 miles on it, and seemed like a great deal: no rust, interior immaculate, engine bay spotless, and low miles for a volvo, especially a wagon. It's been a great car, fun to drive when you get into the turbo's powerband, and I feel safe in it, and I can haul all my friends and our stuff but only when it isn't in the shop. I, unfortunately, bought something of a lemon, with electrical issues all engine related, and am on my third mass air flow sensor/air mass meter since I got the car (yay for parts warranties!) She's reliable, when she wants to be. She burns a little oil mostly due to the turbo. Overall, great. Fun, fast, and can carry everything and mor

Room! The heated seats, superb ergonomics, renowned Volvo-comfortable seats, clever features like the lockable (and not) storage compartments under the floor, and the overall clean appearance style-wise

Others suggested an oil pump for the turbo - great idea! If I could improve anything, it would be the maintanence costs: if you can't find it used & working, you have to go to a dealership, where they'll throw out 4- digit price tags for parts & labor without blinking. Gas mileage could be improved.