1990 Volvo 760 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 760 model:
1987 Volvo 760 Turbo 4 Speed Auto Transmission
By mec12 on 11/13/14 14:11 PM (PST)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

As of 11/13/2014 the car has 188,600 miles. Car has original engine, original turbo, original transmission. Great, reliable car. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this car to anyone.

Great first car, minor issues
By jacksonreese on 03/04/11 07:05 AM (PST)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I got my 760 about 2 months ago form a guy who took absolutly NO care of it. Its really a shame because it looks like all the damage thats been done to it has been his doing. The car drove right off the bat even though it had some moderate issues. The car has classic style. Alot of my friends tease it and call it a beater but im proud that its a volvo and its my car. THIS IS ONE DURABLE SEDAN. Whatever the guy before me put it thriugh he went to hell and back and for the price i payed ($400) its running like a champ. then engine and transmission are great. i plan to restore this car fullly and have it for awhile.

Great car
By Chet on 07/31/08 15:51 PM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in April of 08. I've had a few small issues with the vehicle but nothing that is not to hard to fix IE; the radiator and lower hose. I also put in new spark plugs (E 3 diamond) and got the best fuel mileage (430) to a full tank of regular gas with the added help of 104 max octane booster.

Longlasting if you don't get a lemon
By compassstl on 05/29/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with over 130,000 miles on it, and seemed like a great deal: no rust, interior immaculate, engine bay spotless, and low miles for a volvo, especially a wagon. It's been a great car, fun to drive when you get into the turbo's powerband, and I feel safe in it, and I can haul all my friends and our stuff but only when it isn't in the shop. I, unfortunately, bought something of a lemon, with electrical issues all engine related, and am on my third mass air flow sensor/air mass meter since I got the car (yay for parts warranties!) She's reliable, when she wants to be. She burns a little oil mostly due to the turbo. Overall, great. Fun, fast, and can carry everything and mor

One of the best cars ever built
By KRoll on 02/18/07 00:23 AM (PST)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Wagon

I have the 1987 760 wagon - same as the 1990. For being 20 years old, this car drives great. Gear change is a little rough, gas mileage could be better, and some small electronics need to be replaced, but in all honesty none of that matters. It's possibly one of the safest cars ever built - even without airbags, the paint is literally impossible to rust off, it has almost 200,000 miles, yet still goes 0-60 in 8 seconds thanks to the turbo - which is awesome. The seats are super comfortable, and has all the conveniences of a modern car - power everything, heated everything, awesome stereo for being only 4 speakers - i could go on. if you get a chance to buy a 700 series volvo - do it.

Love my $100.00 Volvo!
By Greg on 12/22/06 10:57 AM (PST)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Wagon

I found it at an auto auction and nobody would bid on it because the interior had been trashed by the former ski bum owners. Mechanically the car was taken good care of but the interior suffered greatly. After a good cleaning and a pair of $50.00 wrecking yard leather seats the car is great. It has 219,000 miles on it and runs and drives perfectly. The turbo was replaced by the previous owners along with several other items. It's a very good solid car that is very comfortable to drive. The performance of this 4 cyl. engine is amazing for such a heavy car. This car is worth putting money into because I know it will last me for quite some time and still retain it's value.

Review of 1990 760 GLE
By lktmds_1 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car since the first day it came on the lot in 1990. I have had minimal amount of trouble with this car. It has been completely reliable. It is very powerful and can respond to every demand and push. I often drive in the mountains and this car handles better than my fathers Porsche and BMW (even he will admit that). The cost of keeping this car has been low. Other than regular oil changes and tire rotations and diagnostic check ups, there has been no significant repairs. The 8 speaker stereo with 600 watts amplifies well and sounds like no other. The only slight dislike I have for this car is that the gas milage is not great.

1990 760 Turbo Wagon
By Diana on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Wagon

I'm the second owner of my "Goldie" but I bought it with only 14K miles on it. I've run it to the ground, now having 188,680 miles on it today. I've replaced the turbo, (another reviewer said about 150K and that was about right) but the $1700 it cost me was still better than a new car! Can fit a full 4X8 sheet of plywood in the back, or two dog crates + luggage. Kids love the comfort, great on long trips. Good solid road car with comfort plus work- horse capability. Pockets built into the back of the front seats are great for kids. Someday I'll get a van, but not till my wagon is unfixable!

oneofthebest
By happyvolvowner on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought thi car off my brother in law who always serviced it himself being a volvo mechanic. I am the third owner now I am giving it to my boy for his first, solid reliable car being he is getting his license. In winter you must either put weight in the back even with Blizzak tires or super studded tires being it is rear wheel drive,

90 760 volvo
By walt thompson on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo 4dr Wagon

never thought i would drive a volvo, now i always will.