1991 Volvo 740 Non-Turbo Sedan
By Mike on
1991 Volvo 740 4dr Sedan
I bought my Volvo 740 for $600.00. Overall it's a good car. If you know about cars, then you can really fix one of these up well. So far, I have put about $3000.00 into it. I know it's a lot, and also it's my first car. But I want it to look really nice, especially when I get the new paint job and I want it to run very smooth, nice sounding, and as fast as I can tweak it to go. I'm still thinking about if I want to install the turbo on it, but I have to fix the frame (small bend in each). But when I get the last 2 of my replacement parts, it will look good.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the RPM tachometer, the heated seats, rear fog lights (even though I never use them), and there is a lot of room under the hood, so I do a lot of my own repairs and work on my engine and conponents.
Suggested Improvements
Replacement parts are very expensive, but then again, it's a foreign car. Need to get rid of that pre-heater hose that goes from the heat shield into the air box because the o-rings on the oil filler caps always go bad, and oil leaks into that and then into / onto your throttle body causing probs.