1991 Volvo 740 Consumer Review: Great Car

1991 Volvo 740 - Consumer Review

Great Car
By Long Time Owner on

1991 Volvo 740 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. I bought it in 2001 with just under 100k miles. It now has over 217k miles. I was getting 30mpg until my tailpipe fell off. It had rusted through due to my inattention. I now get 23-25mpg. The only problem I have encountered was electrical. The car would stall for no apparent reason. We thought maybe it was the fuel pumps. We replaced both fuel pumps and it would still stall. We found out the wiring had gone bad. This was in 2007. The mechanic replaced most of the wiring and also the starter and alternator. Now it runs as good or better than when I bought it. It was well maintained when I bought it and I keep it up as well. I hope to get to 400k miles.

Heated Seats, (it snows 7 months here) Spacious seating and trunk space Metal Frame none of the fiberglass junk Reliability Mileage is decent if you maintain your car.

The only improvement this car needs is Cup Holders. I put my drinks in the middle console, which is ok for me, but my wife has to hold hers in her lap.