I love this car!
By Ash on
1991 Volvo 740 4dr Sedan
I bought this car with 199K on the odometer. It was already 13 years old. I won the ebay auction and paid $800 for it. I picked it up near Philly, Pennsylvania, and drove it straight to Lawrence Kansas in one and half days. No problems. During my ownership of the car (2.5 years) it only needed a water pump changed which is a maintenance item anyway. Always ultra reliable, and the transmission was excellent and crisp. I drove this regularly and made 1000 mile round trips routinely. This car is built for the highway! You always arrive fresh and relaxed! I had to sell it to a friend because she got into an accident and dented it up. She is driving it as is, and is happy too.
Favorite Features
Lots of sturdiness and reliability built into it. Things rarely ever need repair. Plenty of room in the hood to do your own repairs. Very sturdy ride and feels safe on the road. Smooth on the highway. Less road noise than my 95 Saturn and 98 Camry.
Suggested Improvements
When the only thing you can think of is cupholders, you know Volvo built a good car.